The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Economics Paper 2 (7136/2) -22th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your AQA A Level Economics Paper 2 exam go?

AQA A-Level Economics Paper 2 National and international economy (7136/1) - Monday 22nd May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Also, check out our article of student reactions to the exam - your comments on this thread might be on there!

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: Monday 22nd May / PM
Length: 2h

Resources
AQA Economics

Congratulations on finishing your exam :smile:
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Any predictions of wt might come up in paper 2 for Monday ?
Original post by Malik01.

Icl might have to watch Econplusdal predictions- apparently bro literally predicted the entire paper 1 LOOOLL. is anyone else worried ab macro =(
Reply 3
Original post by Malik01.

Coats and benefits of growth and inflation, protectionism and free trade pros and cons. Maybe policies to boost economic development and deffo fiscal or monetary policy( maybe both(
Reply 4
Original post by 16bhatam
Coats and benefits of growth and inflation, protectionism and free trade pros and cons. Maybe policies to boost economic development and deffo fiscal or monetary policy( maybe both(

What could they ask in terms of fiscal and monetary?
Reply 5
Original post by ritz19
What could they ask in terms of fiscal and monetary?

I think just general expansionary or contractionary effects on an economy or the impacts of them- so higher growth, lower unemployment, but inflation rises and CA deficit worsens or something like this. im not really sure tbh. 2021 they asked if rising national debt was damaging which is basically expansionary fiscal so it could be something like for contractionary.
Original post by 16bhatam

What are you basing that prediction on ?
Reply 7
Original post by Mckewen Owens
What are you basing that prediction on ?

Econplusdal n past papers
Reply 8
Welp! Here we go again.
Reply 9
If FINANCIAL markets come up I'm gonna be crying. :tongue:
what are the chances of quantitive easing coming up .... really don't wanna see that
Reply 11
Original post by Half human
If FINANCIAL markets come up I'm gonna be crying. :tongue:

SAME
im doing basically all my macro revision this weekend so i'll probs be crying no matter what comes up oh well

i think im just gonna revise as many topics in depth as possible focusing on the predicted ones
and ignore one topic i dont get and if that comes up just dont choose those questions
Can an increase in a country's national debt cause a depreciation in its currency? Because foreign investors will be less confident in the country's ability to pay back its debts, causing them to sell the currency.
Reply 13
Guys for diagrams, do you do them really neatly or just rough to save time?
Reply 14
Does anyone know what topics came in 2022 economics paper 2?
Reply 15
Original post by spunting
Guys for diagrams, do you do them really neatly or just rough to save time?

I do mine neatly to make sure, the diagram is contextualized to gain marks for application and the labels are right but I find it easy to draw them much quickly in the exam
Reply 16
Original post by Tomorii

i think this is 2022:
context 1 : govt spending and national debt
context 2: long-run growth rate and exports and trade surplus
essay 1 : prevent currency rising and affect of currency rising on living standards and cost of living
essay 2: causes of rising consumption (wtf i wish we got that question) and is a fall in savings good for the economy
essay 3: role of commercial banks (ew) and policies to reduce cyclical instabilty
Reply 17
Original post by pk027
i think this is 2022:
context 1 : govt spending and national debt
context 2: long-run growth rate and exports and trade surplus
essay 1 : prevent currency rising and affect of currency rising on living standards and cost of living
essay 2: causes of rising consumption (wtf i wish we got that question) and is a fall in savings good for the economy
essay 3: role of commercial banks (ew) and policies to reduce cyclical instabilty

This was 2021
Reply 18
Original post by Tomorii

there was a 15 marker on the problems with positive output gaps
evaluate the view that a low and stable rate of inflation is preferable to deflation or something..
Reply 19
Anyone know the difference between supply side policies and supply side improvements?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending