The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-level Politics Paper 1 (9PL0 01) - 23rd May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

U should probably make another thread for this then because this thread is mainly focussed on the buildup and reaction to this years paper which obviously you wont sit. Your questions will probably get better answers if you make a new thread

Original post by Hailey629
Next year in 2024. These were just predictions for my end of year mock exams for year 12
You should make a new thread as everyone on here is focused on their exams right now and next year's exam content is not our concern.
Good luck, though.
Next year in 2024. These were just predictions for my end of year mock exams for year 12

The ideolgies will most likely be conservatism and liberalism. There is a pattern on the ideolgies they choose and this pattern was reinforced with the 2023 paper. I'd suggest a question on the labour/conservative parties. To what extent they are commited to their traditional values. This is quite a large topic in the spec which is yet to be asked and by 2024 party manifestos and policies would be much more developed making it a topical question.
If there was a question on constitutional reforms and/or the powers of the prime minister would I be able to talk about the fixed term parliaments act and it’s benefits and drawbacks and the Dissolution and calling of Parliament act, and how it has changed the powers of the PM?
Original post by samuelwildblood
If there was a question on constitutional reforms and/or the powers of the prime minister would I be able to talk about the fixed term parliaments act and it’s benefits and drawbacks and the Dissolution and calling of Parliament act, and how it has changed the powers of the PM?

yes you defo could. there is a paper 2 thread that you might also find helpful
Original post by rosezee1121
yes you defo could. there is a paper 2 thread that you might also find helpful

Thank you :smile:, what’s the thread?
Original post by samuelwildblood
Thank you :smile:, what’s the thread?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7354050 here you go!
Original post by fullyirrelevant
Whoever told u that needs to be fired, u should NEVER structure an answer like that

Icl your wrong. There is no standardised way to structure a essay it depends on the question. You are a little bit too arrogant as well but that structure in regards to this question is the perfect structure, also heard BMA students structure like this so if you don't believe me then 🫡
How do you revise for A level politics
Reply 589
I'd say making essay plans was the most useful revision method for me
Original post by Sparklingroses
How do you revise for A level politics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending