The Student Room Group

Year 12 mocks

I have 'end-of-year' mocks in around 2 weeks and in one of my subjects I am doing REALLY badly and I'm also not enjoying the subject anymore. We were told this morning about the importance of these mocks and how they give our teachers an idea about our predicted grades yada yada.

I've already tried to drop that subject in November because I was (and still am) doing 4 subjects, but I wasn't allowed to [its a long story].

So I'm thinking...
Should I deliberately fail my mocks for that subject?

I know that it would have a HUGE impact on my predicted grades for UCAS and that I might have to redo Year 12 and take another subject... but that's exactly what I want to do.

I've told my friends about this and they were supportive, but my parents weren't. They told me that it would be wasting time. As well as that I might be removed from my sixth form altogether if I have low grades in all my subjects.

Could anyone help me with what I should do?
Reply 1
Hi
First you need to ask yourself the question why suddenly you are not enjoying the subject any more after all you have chosen it by yourself to do it. My view is in life we deal with things that we see it a challenge to do regardless of we like it or not. You did 10 subjects at your GCSE and maybe you did not enjoy some of them of which you might have done very well grades-wise. I suggest you do not consider the reverse gear and put your mighty energy into revising this subject and convenience yourself it is a mater of time when you will go to university and do the subjects you love and good at. Good luck.
Original post by MelodicGirl2023
I have 'end-of-year' mocks in around 2 weeks and in one of my subjects I am doing REALLY badly and I'm also not enjoying the subject anymore. We were told this morning about the importance of these mocks and how they give our teachers an idea about our predicted grades yada yada.

I've already tried to drop that subject in November because I was (and still am) doing 4 subjects, but I wasn't allowed to [its a long story].

So I'm thinking...
Should I deliberately fail my mocks for that subject?

I know that it would have a HUGE impact on my predicted grades for UCAS and that I might have to redo Year 12 and take another subject... but that's exactly what I want to do.

I've told my friends about this and they were supportive, but my parents weren't. They told me that it would be wasting time. As well as that I might be removed from my sixth form altogether if I have low grades in all my subjects.

Could anyone help me with what I should do?
I obviously don't know the reason you weren't allowed to drop this subject, but nobody actually needs 4 A-Levels, as I'm sure you know. Is it possible to speak to your personal tutor again about dropping it? Your sixth form seems to be being very unreasonable here.

Quick Reply

Latest