The Student Room Group

Predicted Year 13 A Level Grades: before and after

Post your predicted A Level grades from your year 12 mocks for each subject, and come back on A level results day 2024 to reply to your own message and see if you improved/got what you wanted! good luck <3
I'm pretty sure that it's normally about 20% of people that actually achieve their predicted grades so that should give you an idea of how this thread would go. Personally got predicted A*A*A* last year, got ABC in my mocks, and A*A*A in the real thing.
Original post by toxicgamage56
I'm pretty sure that it's normally about 20% of people that actually achieve their predicted grades so that should give you an idea of how this thread would go. Personally got predicted A*A*A* last year, got ABC in my mocks, and A*A*A in the real thing.

oh wow okay! thanks for letting me know! and well done with the results you got
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by emm4nuella
oh wow okay! thanks for letting me know! and well done with the results you got

Yeah, it's surprising. And I thought my school was foolish for boasting that 30% of students here get their predicteds. I guess year 13 content could be twice as hard as year 12 content, not to mention having to revise for two years worth of content in the real thing. Thank you, I'm still unsure how I went from ABC to A*A*A whilst putting in the same amount of effort lol.
Yeah, it's surprising. And I thought my school was foolish for boasting that 30% of students here get their predicteds. I guess year 13 content could be twice as hard as year 12 content, not to mention having to revise for two years worth of content in the real thing. Thank you, I'm still unsure how I went from ABC to A*A*A whilst putting in the same amount of effort lol.

Well! you did it and you should be very proud!! i’m guessing you are an undergrad? and if so, what subject and uni?
(edited 8 months ago)
Well! you did it and you should be very proud!! i’m guessing you are an undergrad? and if so, what subject and uni?

Thank you! Nope, I literally got those results yesterday lol, currently being bored out of my mind until I start my first year in September. I'm doing Law at LSE.
Reply 6
Post your predicted A Level grades from your year 12 mocks for each subject, and come back on A level results day 2024 to reply to your own message and see if you improved/got what you wanted! good luck <3

A*AB (Im praying my teacher makes that B an A🙏) hopefully I can A*AA FUTURE ME PLEASE DONT DISAPPOINT
Original post by Rainyzack
A*AB (Im praying my teacher makes that B an A🙏) hopefully I can A*AA FUTURE ME PLEASE DONT DISAPPOINT

Don't trust future me, trust me. Start revising for it now lol, actual A-levels so much harder than year 12 EoYs.
Reply 8
Don't trust future me, trust me. Start revising for it now lol, actual A-levels so much harder than year 12 EoYs.

Should I go over year 12 content or start year 13?
Original post by Rainyzack
Should I go over year 12 content or start year 13?

Nah go over year 12 stuff because you'll probably revise year 13 stuff towards exams assuming you know year 12 stuff. This is where people normally trip up, but if you go over year 12 stuff now you have a solid base.

Quick Reply

Latest