The Student Room Group

Getting migraines from stressing over a levels

My dream since I was 12 was to get into dental school. Obviously the minimum grade requirement is AAA. I'm currently in year 12 and my migraines have been more frequent and I'm finding it harder to catch up with schoolwork as my migraines are severe. I'm thinking about other career options as I'm doubting myself in getting all As but my parents are still saying to try aiming for dental school and see what grades I get in mocks. Truthfully this is stressing me out more. Should I change my career options? I was thinking either pharmacy or dental hygienist.
Reply 1
Yes 100% see what you get in your mocks and then decide, there is no rush. My only concern is that for dentistry you have to take the UCAT this summer and it can be very intense and you have to do lots of preparation for it. The score you get in the UCAT ultimately determines if you can apply that year or not. Other careers such as pharmacy and dental hygiene therapy don’t need this exam. Also at most unis you will work alongside the dental students if you are doing dental hygiene therapy
Reply 2
Original post by acurt1
Yes 100% see what you get in your mocks and then decide, there is no rush. My only concern is that for dentistry you have to take the UCAT this summer and it can be very intense and you have to do lots of preparation for it. The score you get in the UCAT ultimately determines if you can apply that year or not. Other careers such as pharmacy and dental hygiene therapy don’t need this exam. Also at most unis you will work alongside the dental students if you are doing dental hygiene therapy

I am due to receive my mock grades in 2 weeks. I have my maths mock grade which was a D😬 I think I'm definitely going into DHT at this rate.

Quick Reply

Latest