The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE History Paper 2 (8145/2) - 7th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

the source was written before the discovery that cholera travelled in water therefore i think it represented peoples thoughts at the time on what caused it

Original post by Eidoj
For the medicine paper, what were you supposed to write about the source question? No one I've asked knows how that picture links to the cholera epidemic.
Original post by doughnotatall
what did everyone write for the power and the people 16 marker?

i wrote that the role of the individual was essential for setting up parliament, but it was the masses of people who were campaigning for their economic and political rights who had the biggest impact on the development of democracy in this country
Reply 22
Original post by Eidoj
For the medicine paper, what were you supposed to write about the source question? No one I've asked knows how that picture links to the cholera epidemic.

i wrote about crowded and cramped living conditions with poor sanitation and no waste removal. lots of people in close proximity means disease spreads easily and water becomes contaminated by human waste
Reply 23
Original post by doughnotatall
what did everyone write for the power and the people 16 marker?

did
1. key individuals - Charles 1, Simon de Montford (talked ab the Provisions and his Parliament) etc.
2. war - peasants revolt (talked ab how it encourage parliamentary reform for working-class further on), American revolution
3. key ideas - mainly talked ab trade unionism and how it encouraged reform + how ideas allowed change.

just linked everything w how it led to change in the structure/laws of parliament and ended w concluding that key ideas were the most important + contrasting it w the others in terms of importance
that elizabethan paper was a blessing!
Reply 25
FUMBLED THJS EXAM SO BAD GUYS CBA 😭😭 i do health and the people and elizabethen and messed up my timings sm my exam technique for history is awful 😪 spent over an hour on just sheffield manor lodge (feel like a ******* live at that place x) and then panicked and basically missed out the whole of medicine 😬 but im feeling rlly confident about SML i wrote like 5-6 pages so if i don't get the full 16/16 gonna be fuming tbh
Reply 26
Original post by lucyandersnn
the source was written before the discovery that cholera travelled in water therefore i think it represented peoples thoughts at the time on what caused it

Oh no was it really? I wrote about John Snow.
Original post by laurenthomas98
What were the questions on Britain Health and the People

1. a source about cholera outbreaks
2. what was significant about medieval treatments
3. similarities between jenner and koch
4. chance was the main factor in the development of medicine. how far do you agree?
Reply 28
Original post by Eidoj
Oh no was it really? I wrote about John Snow.

thats fine as it was him that discovered but it would be hard to link it how useful the source is as he isn't involved in the image
Reply 29
Original post by lucyandersnn

yes thats what I talked about and also how people were drinking beer in the back aswell as smoking pipe to get rid of miasma. Also I talked about how its crowded and not clean which how they believed disease spread
can you please all fill out a survey to find out which history topics are chosen the most?
https://forms.gle/nunpYE9y3sVuxaZ38
i will post the results after a significant number of answers.
Has anyone applied for a review of marking?
Reply 32
did anyone do restoration england
Reply 33
Original post by moonr4y
hii im also doing elizabeth

for sheffield manor lodge u could make a table/mindmap on the factors such as wealth, location, religion, comfort for mary qos etc. and just memorise a lot of key info such as mary qos spent 19 years in sheffield manor lodge and she was guarded by 8 armed men 24 hours a day etc
my teacher also said that practically every topic has come up in the past papers of elizabeth and they may reuse past paper questions but its hard to predict what will come up especially for history

my other topic is migration empires and the people

HIII IM ALSO DOING ELIZABETHA AND MIGRATION!!
Do u remember any questions that came up on ur paper??? :
Reply 34
do u remember any of the questions??
Original post by probably_sane
i wrote that the role of the individual was essential for setting up parliament, but it was the masses of people who were campaigning for their economic and political rights who had the biggest impact on the development of democracy in this country

do you remember what the other questions on power and the people were by any chance?
Reply 36
pm if you are not getting the paper
does anyone know what the questions were for AQA elizabethan england?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending