The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE History Paper 2 (1HI0 2A-2W) - 7th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Glemon
idk if you do cold war but I've been doing a literal essay plan for every topic. So a narrative, consequence and importance one, on flashcards.

hey do you mind if you could share those, i’m struggling sm
Reply 21
Original post by MishMohan
Any predictions for Early Elizabethan England or Cold War?

for cold war, I'd guess that either the Hungarian uprising or the invasion of Czechoslovakia will come up as some form in one of the questions as they are pretty big sub-topics. I'd also recommend focusing on Cuba too
Reply 22
I'm the exact way I've only just started but I find doing revision by writing on windows with whiteboard pens more fun so its easier also just googling flashcards on quilzlet and brainscape is good and easy because they give you it so there's no work to do
Reply 23
im actually terrified omg if cattle ranching comes up on american west im going to cry
Reply 24
Original post by StitchedUp
for cold war, I'd guess that either the Hungarian uprising or the invasion of Czechoslovakia will come up as some form in one of the questions as they are pretty big sub-topics. I'd also recommend focusing on Cuba too

Thank you! What came up last year?
I did Cold War and Elizabethan England and thought this paper was amazing!! :smile:
I was a bit upset after maths this morning but this has made me super happy although my hand now hates me!

I hope everyone else did really well! <3
How did it go today guys? What did you do?

Edexcel Paper 2

Reply 27
Original post by eagleflight
I did Cold War and Elizabethan England and thought this paper was amazing!! :smile:
I was a bit upset after maths this morning but this has made me super happy although my hand now hates me!

I hope everyone else did really well! <3

What were the Elizabethan questions on?
Original post by Roo19
What were the Elizabethan questions on?

Key features of government
reasons why Mary was executed
16 marker on why navigation increased
and 16 marker on Netherlands but I don’t remember it because I didn’t do that
Reply 29
Thank you..
Reply 30
cold war was sooo delicious and anglo saxons and normans was pretty good too although for cold war the narrative account was a little weirdly worded like write a narrative account analysing soviet and us relations 1945-47 bit weird but lots to write tbf
Reply 31
What did u guys write about the last 2 eight markers? The ones about the soviet relations with cuba and the SDI strategy (star wars strategy)
I found those a bit hard cuz i didnt know much to write about
Reply 32
Original post by ammyke
cold war was sooo delicious and anglo saxons and normans was pretty good too although for cold war the narrative account was a little weirdly worded like write a narrative account analysing soviet and us relations 1945-47 bit weird but lots to write tbf

Honestly the wording of the narrative account 😭I was fully expecting Prague springs man
Reply 33
Anglo saxon and cold war were both blessings of papers! Knew i was chilling the moment i saw a 16 marker on the damn battle of hastings 💀
Reply 34
Original post by Aakzz
What did u guys write about the last 2 eight markers? The ones about the soviet relations with cuba and the SDI strategy (star wars strategy)
I found those a bit hard cuz i didnt know much to write about

Cuba
i talked about trade with ussr instead of usa (inc tension)

then nuclear missiles imported and JFK’s declaration that he’ll stop it by any means (inc tension)

then hotline (reduce tension)

then removal of missiles( reduce tension)

SDI
put us ahead in arms race (worse relations)

ussr realised they couldn’t keep up which lead to gorbachev’s new thinking and the end of the cold war
(Improved relations)

caused the breakdown of salt 2 and removed chance of nuclear disarmament (worse relations)
elizabeth paper was too good, couldn’t have been any better but cold war could’ve been better but could’ve been worse
Original post by emilyworrell
elizabeth paper was too good, couldn’t have been any better but cold war could’ve been better but could’ve been worse

Elizabeth paper was good. Did anyone else do the American West Paper? Because wtf was the narrative account question?
Also, what were people’s third point for the exploration one on Elizabeth- I just did adventure and desire for new land
(edited 10 months ago)
I bet no one here does American west but for the narrative account I messed up about the railroads…I talked about how at first the railroad act of 1862 was pushed by the republican government and how it connected the east and west made transport easier for everyone and linked it to how $61 million dollar loan and setting up town near the railroad and here is where I messed up I talked about cow towns and cattle on railroads and how they sold cattle on the railroad and how cow boys were with them blah blah and then linked it to immigration on how jobs like cowboys encouraged immigration as there was job opportunities with the railroad for veterans and how those that immigrated get to meet their loved ones (I remember seeing that in my book) easily and more efficiently….I didn’t mention dates for the immigration so..i’m not feeling the best but it’s fine ig I can redeem myself with weimar Germany and my other 8 markers were decent(?) but what’s the maximum mark I can get if anyone knows?
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by garniersucks
I bet no one here does American west but for the narrative account I messed up about the railroads…I talked about how at first the railroad act of 1862 was pushed by the republican government and how it connected the east and west made transport easier for everyone and linked it to how $61 million dollar loan and setting up town near the railroad and here is where I messed up I talked about cow towns and cattle on railroads and how they sold cattle on the railroad and how cow boys were with them blah blah and then liked it to immigration on how jobs like cowboys encouraged immigration as there was job opportunities with the railroad for veterans….I didn’t mention dates for the immigration so..i’m not feeling the best but it’s fine ig I can redeem myself with weimar Germany and my other 8 markers were decent(?) but what’s the maximum mark I can get if anyone knows?

I did American West. I talked about the spread of the railroad to mining towns and also to John Iliffs ranch so the spread of the railroad to cow towns is a valid point if you explained why they connected the railroad up to ranches and cow towns.
thanks for the clarification I rarely did American west at school and mainly most focused on the other component bc the grade boundaries are ‘low’ for it😭😭

Original post by Username2727
I did American West. I talked about the spread of the railroad to mining towns and also to John Iliffs ranch so the spread of the railroad to cow towns is a valid point if you explained why they connected the railroad up to ranches and cow towns.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending