The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE History Paper 2 (1HI0 2A-2W) - 7th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Billmikestro
No marshall aid was in 1947 - comecon was in 1949 though, however as long as you stuck to the flow of events moving on from one to another you should be fine

was marshall the plan 1947 or 48 because i thought it was 47 bro 😭😭😭
Reply 61
Original post by misa!!
was marshall the plan 1947 or 48 because i thought it was 47 bro 😭😭😭

48 lolz
Reply 62
Original post by adam1234y
48 lolz

idk i checked edexcel spec and it says 47 🙏🙏
Reply 63
Original post by swoops22
I doubt you'll be penalised for it as it links to the Truman Doctrine. You may just may not be credited for it. It sounds like you wrote lots though so don't worry about it.

Thank you :smile: that’s made me feel a bit better ahaha
anyone else do spain and the new world??? anglo-saxons was literally so good tho
Reply 65
Original post by 18user1856
Thank you :smile: that’s made me feel a bit better ahaha

no i think your good if you talked about the marshall plan then thats 47 becayse thats what the spec said
Reply 66
the edexcel specification says the marshall plan was 1947 and so I wrote about it for the narrative account but I've just searched it up and it says it started in 1948 looooool whats wrong with edexcel
Reply 67
Original post by loik24
the edexcel specification says the marshall plan was 1947 and so I wrote about it for the narrative account but I've just searched it up and it says it started in 1948 looooool whats wrong with edexcel

i think its bc the marshall plan was 1947 but the actual marshall aid was 1948 idk i hope the credit it icl
Reply 68
I sat Cold War today as well with Richard and John

Original post by acolourfulhuman
i d B1: ASNE and P4: Cold War. anyone else?
Reply 69
Original post by misa!!
i think its bc the marshall plan was 1947 but the actual marshall aid was 1948 idk i hope the credit it icl

has to be otherwise im rioting
Reply 70
Original post by Jack403
I sat Cold War today as well with Richard and John

I did WW1 and Changes in medicine, anyone else?
Reply 71
omg the 16 marker in ASNE on the battle of hastings had me buzzing around with excitement
in the Cold war narrative account the dates were 1945-47, I talked about the formation of Bizonia, the deustmark & Bundestag as my information outside the prompt, would my marks be capped for this? Bcs the deustmark and Bundestag were formed after 1947 but Bizonia was formed in 1947. How many marks out of 8 would I get if my other paragraphs were good
Reply 73
Original post by karuniya12
omg the 16 marker in ASNE on the battle of hastings had me buzzing around with excitement

literally, they couldn't have chosen a topic with more stuff to write about if they tried. that was the first time that i've ever almost been able to finish all the space they gave for the 16 marker bc there was just so many reasons
Original post by karuniya12

SAME and i had done a 16 marker on why william won the battle few days ago so it was basically the same:eek::cool:
Reply 75
I had Cold War/Elizabeth and I was frankly fearing the worst (Hungarian uprising etc) but really they came up with pretty chill questions in my opinion. I know I did better on Elizabeth tho, (well I should I grinded the whole Elizabeth Seneca the night before). How did all of you find it?
Reply 76
Elizabeth was easy the questions were too good to be true and cold war the questions were easy but didnt get time to finish the last question unfortunately which im kinda sad about but i think i did well overall definitely better than paper 1.
Reply 77
Original post by Lil Sumi
Elizabeth was easy the questions were too good to be true and cold war the questions were easy but didnt get time to finish the last question unfortunately which im kinda sad about but i think i did well overall definitely better than paper 1.

Same! I only manage to get 3/4 of one question out of two done on the last question for Cold War, but yeah, tons better than Paper 1. I really managed to mess that one up... oh well, at least I'm not taking it for A-Level
Reply 78
Original post by loik24
has to be otherwise im rioting

The marshall plan was announced in 47 and then put into practice in 48 :smile: hope this helps
Reply 79
Original post by thismyusername
anyone else do spain and the new world??? anglo-saxons was literally so good tho

yeah. the narative for spain was soooooo bad. i was walfinf about balboa

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending