The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE History Paper 2 (1HI0 2A-2W) - 7th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

History seems so difficult, you guys should have chosen politics tbh
Original post by thismyusername
anyone else do spain and the new world??? anglo-saxons was literally so good tho

i did :smile: how did you find it?
what do u think the grade boundaries will be like for grade 8 and 9?
Reply 83
Original post by DystopianArena
History seems so difficult, you guys should have chosen politics tbh

absolutely not 💀
Original post by misa!!
was marshall the plan 1947 or 48 because i thought it was 47 bro 😭😭😭

it was announced in 47 and carried out in 48
Reply 85
Original post by acolourfulhuman
what do u think the grade boundaries will be like for grade 8 and 9?

Well for 2019 it was about 79% for a 9 so its probably going to be around that
Original post by ammyke
cold war was sooo delicious and anglo saxons and normans was pretty good too although for cold war the narrative account was a little weirdly worded like write a narrative account analysing soviet and us relations 1945-47 bit weird but lots to write tbf

Fr, that is such a weird question. But I think the examiner actually tried to make the questions answerable as 1945-47 is quite early in the time so hopefully everyone knows a lot about it as that is what people revised first.
Reply 87
Shush I don’t care

Original post by yoshinoya
any predicted questions for this year? hard to find resources online.
Original post by AmeenahHs
Well for 2019 it was about 79% for a 9 so its probably going to be around that

ok thanks :smile:
Original post by eagleflight
I did Cold War and Elizabethan England and thought this paper was amazing!! :smile:
I was a bit upset after maths this morning but this has made me super happy although my hand now hates me!

I hope everyone else did really well! <3
what was cold war about

i have honestly no memory because it was so long ago, but even if i did, i wouldn't want to tell you (reason why is answer to 2.).

knowing the questions and essentially cheating in your mocks won't help you in your actual GCSE. in fact, it will probably be detrimental to your actual grade as in the actual exam you won't have had the experience of going in blind and not knowing the questions.

revise all the cold war content, do practice questions - your teacher can probably give you a big list of them, and if not you can make them up (e.g. write a narrative account on the 3 conferences), and good luck for your actual GCSE
-from someone who got grade 9 last year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending