The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 (Higher Tier triple) 8463/1H - 25th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
How did everyone find it
Reply 461
It was okay.
Reply 462
Original post by adkjgagadfas
i found a way to get all the answers for the 2023 gcse papers. ahaha gonna get all 9s in science

Plss tell me
Original post by shellyy1
Plss tell me

this is your mocks to practice u dont need the paper. also paper 1 was easy so i dont get it why everyones tryna cheat when barely anyone has the 2023 paper. some legit get scammed and everything.
Original post by dxrksxullllll
this is your mocks to practice u dont need the paper. also paper 1 was easy so i dont get it why everyones tryna cheat when barely anyone has the 2023 paper. some legit get scammed and everything.

Probably easier because you had access to all of the equations (a big part of it is being able to know all of the equations in my opinion) but other than that, I agree.
Original post by Talkative Toad
Probably easier because you had access to all of the equations (a big part of it is being able to know all of the equations in my opinion) but other than that, I agree.

you realise when you get help in some way the exam board makes the paper more difficult. like paper 2 , the equation sheet wasnt used as much as paper 1 it was more hard word problemssssss but yeah true the equation sheet did help for paper 1 in some way kinda
(edited 5 months ago)
you realise when you get help in some way the exam board makes the paper more difficult. like paper 2 , the equation sheet wasnt used as much as paper 1 it was more hard word problemssssss but yeah true the equation sheet did help for paper 1 in some way kinda

Yeah, I didn’t get the full list equations back when I did my GCSEs (I had to memorise them).

I think that exam boards should just give people the full list of equations.
Original post by Talkative Toad
Yeah, I didn’t get the full list equations back when I did my GCSEs (I had to memorise them).

I think that exam boards should just give people the full list of equations.

I swear learning the equations doesnt prove the point that people get physics like dont they want you to get the maths part right why do they have to memorise it. icl im glad I got it but no point in learning all of them if you cant even do the maths with ittt
I swear learning the equations doesnt prove the point that people get physics like dont they want you to get the maths part right why do they have to memorise it. icl im glad I got it but no point in learning all of them if you cant even do the maths with ittt

Exactly. I’ve seen students (this has been the case for me as well) saying that that they couldn’t answer a question purely because of the fact that they couldn’t remember the equation or they remember the equation but can’t remember which way round the symbols go, not because they didn’t know the methodology to be able to the answer question.

I find it silly (at least at GCSE level and for A-level sciences) that you’re not given the equations (you are given most of the equations for A-level Maths and Physics but not in other contexts I think). Exam boards ought to just give students the equations (with symbols only not words) and remove questions such as “Write an equation used to find power”.
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending