The Student Room Group

OCR A-Level Geography Physical Systems | [17th May 2023] Exam Chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by kjkjlm
any predictions for costal landscapes 8 markers ?????

Probably a formation of a submergent/depositional landform - Ria has been on the specimen, so probably fjords or deltas, salt marshes
I'm a bit surprised this chat is so quiet - only 9 days till the exam and its dead here. Does anyone have many predictions on what the 16 markers could be?

2022 questions for coasts
8 - how coasts can be seen as a system
16 - long term changes and short-term changes on coastal landscapes

2022 questions for ELSS
10 - Arctic Tundra and how the oil and gas companies affect the water cycle
16 - access the importance of carbon for humans

The 2022 questions for ELSS were very similar to 2020 - maybe the 2023 questions are going to be similar to the 2021 ones.

My predictions are as followed if anyone is interested:
- Arctic Tundra is unlikely to be a 16 marker, considering they asked about it as a 10 last year
- Last tropical rainforest 16 marker was 2018 and 10 was 2020 - could be a possibility?
- Might ask about short-term changes to Carbon/Water Cycles for the 16, and maybe something about carbon cycle for the 10 marker.
- Coasts 8 marker is going to be flows of energy for a certain landform last asked in 2019
- 16 marker is the one I'm struggling with - probably something to do with Eustatic/Isostatic Changes possibly?

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on what to expect.
Reply 22
Let's make this a live chat about predictions for paper one on the 17th of May
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Lukey Folan :)
I'm a bit surprised this chat is so quiet - only 9 days till the exam and its dead here. Does anyone have many predictions on what the 16 markers could be?

2022 questions for ELSS

The 2022 questions for ELSS were very similar to 2020 - maybe the 2023 questions are going to be similar to the 2021 ones.

- Arctic Tundra is unlikely to be a 16 marker, considering they asked about it as a 10 last year
- Last tropical rainforest 16 marker was 2018 and 10 was 2020 - could be a possibility?
- Might ask about short-term changes to Carbon/Water Cycles for the 16, and maybe something about carbon cycle for the 10 marker.
- Coasts 8 marker is going to be flows of energy for a certain landform last asked in 2019
- 16 marker is the one I'm struggling with - probably something to do with Eustatic/Isostatic Changes possibly?

16 could be interdependence in a high energy coast line, they have done low energy I don't think they have done high.
Reply 24
Original post by kingben234
Probably a formation of a submergent/depositional landform - Ria has been on the specimen, so probably fjords or deltas, salt marshes

I feel like there's not enough to write about for fjords and rias
Original post by hswjqo0q0w
I feel like there's not enough to write about for fjords and rias

Dalmation coasts!! They are submergent!!
If Haff coasts are a submergent landform then there's another.

Depositional landforms: bar, spits, tombolos, swash-aligned beach.
Reply 26

2022 questions for ELSS

Yeah your preditions seem logical, I will have a go planning those answers. I am not really sure what might come up, just hoping for nice 16 markers that have a wide topic if you get what i mean
Reply 27
guys for glaciated landscapes do you think the 16 marker could be on periglacial landscapes (Alaska case study)?
Reply 28
Original post by bryce212_
guys for glaciated landscapes do you think the 16 marker could be on periglacial landscapes (Alaska case study)?

that could come up, it would be a nice one as well
Reply 29

2022 questions for ELSS

I'm struggling with the coast 16 marker as well , but i think climate change or human activity could come up as that yet to be asked , i agree that 8 marker will be the formation of a depositional landform or the role of sea level change in the formation of a submerging/ emergent landform.

as for ells since the 10 marker was on water cycle las year it is more likely to be on carbon , the 16 marker could be anything tbh but the one last year was so bad as it was such a niche topic to write 16 marks on

anyway i am freaking out for this exam , i can't believe its in 8 days
Original post by kjkjlm
I'm struggling with the coast 16 marker as well , but i think climate change or human activity could come up as that yet to be asked , i agree that 8 marker will be the formation of a depositional landform or the role of sea level change in the formation of a submerging/ emergent landform.

as for ells since the 10 marker was on water cycle las year it is more likely to be on carbon , the 16 marker could be anything tbh but the one last year was so bad as it was such a niche topic to write 16 marks on

anyway i am freaking out for this exam , i can't believe its in 8 days

same I haven’t touched elss yet so I need to cram for this exam does anyone have any advice. Also what case studies do you guys do for human activity for 4a and 4b on the spec on coasts?
How’s everyone feeling
Reply 32
Original post by sanriolvr221
How’s everyone feeling

I’m pretty stressed because of the statistics and the 16 markers. Do you have any ideas of what they would be on.
Reply 33
I’m pretty stressed for glaciation. Especially the DAM construction. We just brushed over it but I don’t think there has been a Q on it yet
Reply 34
Original post by eramone
I’m pretty stressed for glaciation. Especially the DAM construction. We just brushed over it but I don’t think there has been a Q on it yet

there was a question about the dam in 2021 human factors and its the one case study i actually hate because of all the figures
Reply 35
any idea on 8 marker for glaciation
Reply 36
Original post by eramone
I’m pretty stressed because of the statistics and the 16 markers. Do you have any ideas of what they would be on.

im guessing something easy like standard deviation hopefully and for the 16 marker im guessing periglacial landscapes so Alaska? im more worried for the 8 marker
Reply 37
any idea on 8 marker for glaciation

Hmmm maybe it will be ice formation or a formation. I was thinking this year it may focus on glaciofluvial landscapes ( maybe the 16 marker). I also think there will be a figure picture for ELSS ( a picture of a urban area and how this affects runoff)
Reply 38
im guessing something easy like standard deviation hopefully and for the 16 marker im guessing periglacial landscapes so Alaska? im more worried for the 8 marker

What about glaciofluvial
Reply 39
Original post by eramone
Hmmm maybe it will be ice formation or a formation. I was thinking this year it may focus on glaciofluvial landscapes ( maybe the 16 marker). I also think there will be a figure picture for ELSS ( a picture of a urban area and how this affects runoff)

i was also thinking for the 8 marker there could be something on specification point 1c on different glacial movements and how locations e.g. warm based and cold based influence them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending