The Student Room Group

OCR A-Level Geography Physical Systems | [17th May 2023] Exam Chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by GoldenAriesAndy
Not sure, but I thought disturb was positive feedback (tipping away from equilibrium of the water cycle) so deforestation in the Amazon affects certain flows, disturbing them while amplifying others, and water extraction in the River Kennet is a disturbance on drainage basins.
Then enhance is the management strats to return to equilibrium
Then I rounded it off saying disturb > enhance

I treated disturb and enhance seperately, not as one, I didn't think of them two as one.

Yeah that makes sense tbh, what I would've wrote if I had time.
Reply 541
Original post by sanriolvr221
yesFFBBF7EC-4655-49C6-AD54-8A67468A85D9.jpegthese are for ocr 2022 paper 1 glaciated landscapes

Hey do you have the human interactions questions for changing spaces making places, migration and power and borders by any chance
Original post by Lukey Folan :)
I'm a bit surprised this chat is so quiet - only 9 days till the exam and its dead here. Does anyone have many predictions on what the 16 markers could be?

2022 questions for coasts
8 - how coasts can be seen as a system
16 - long term changes and short-term changes on coastal landscapes

2022 questions for ELSS
10 - Arctic Tundra and how the oil and gas companies affect the water cycle
16 - access the importance of carbon for humans

The 2022 questions for ELSS were very similar to 2020 - maybe the 2023 questions are going to be similar to the 2021 ones.

My predictions are as followed if anyone is interested:
- Arctic Tundra is unlikely to be a 16 marker, considering they asked about it as a 10 last year
- Last tropical rainforest 16 marker was 2018 and 10 was 2020 - could be a possibility?
- Might ask about short-term changes to Carbon/Water Cycles for the 16, and maybe something about carbon cycle for the 10 marker.
- Coasts 8 marker is going to be flows of energy for a certain landform last asked in 2019
- 16 marker is the one I'm struggling with - probably something to do with Eustatic/Isostatic Changes possibly?

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on what to expect.

What did they end up being?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending