The Student Room Group

OCR A-Level Geography Physical Systems | [17th May 2023] Exam Chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
does anyone know the 2022 questions for glaciation?
Original post by wqeefegv
does anyone know the 2022 questions for glaciation?

yesFFBBF7EC-4655-49C6-AD54-8A67468A85D9.jpegthese are for ocr 2022 paper 1 glaciated landscapes
Reply 82
Original post by sanriolvr221
yesFFBBF7EC-4655-49C6-AD54-8A67468A85D9.jpegthese are for ocr 2022 paper 1 glaciated landscapes

thanks
I absolutely with all my heart despise this diabolical paper. This is a proper death sentence for me
Reply 84
what are the different maths calculations that we would need to do other than mean, median, mode and interquartile range?
Reply 85
what are the different maths calculations that we would need to do other than mean, median, mode and interquartile range?

statistics e.g. spearman's rank, standard deviation etc
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by bryce212_
statistics e.g. spearman's rank, standard deviation etc

Do we only have to know Spearman's rank as a stats test or are there others (t test, chi squared)?

We need to learn these for biology so maybe I'm getting confused. Is there info on this on the spec?
Reply 87
Original post by Charlotte__B
Do we only have to know Spearman's rank as a stats test or are there others (t test, chi squared)?

We need to learn these for biology so maybe I'm getting confused. Is there info on this on the spec?

would they ask us to actually calculate them or just like a data response?
Reply 88
Original post by Charlotte__B

this is what i wanna know, our teacher hasnt gone over any of these and i dont do them in my other subjects
Reply 89

You can see this on the spec. ctrl + f spearman first
Reply 90
Original post by NightCap
You can see this on the spec. ctrl + f spearman first

is that not only in relation to the NEA?
Reply 91
Original post by hswjqo0q0w
is that not only in relation to the NEA?

oh true. well that's annoying if we can't tell what maths is need to know.
How would you answer the 2022 16 marker “assess the importance of carbon to humans” like what points would u make cos I feel like there’s not much to say about it in a 16marker.
Reply 93
How would you answer the 2022 16 marker “assess the importance of carbon to humans” like what points would u make cos I feel like there’s not much to say about it in a 16marker.

tbh it's an awful question bc there's not much in the text book about it. But I imagine u could talk about carbon in relation to fossil fuels as the main energy source for humans, maybe carbon in photosynthesis as that helps supply oxygen which humans need for respiration. Also the fact carbon is the building blocks of a lot of things, all organic compounds so its in proteins, lipids etc.
Reply 94
does anyone have the mark scheme for 2017 physical? I've done this 16 marker: ‘Cooling climates rather than warming climates have a more significant influence on coastal landscapes' How far do you agree with this view, but I can't find the mark scheme.
Original post by hswjqo0q0w
tbh it's an awful question bc there's not much in the text book about it. But I imagine u could talk about carbon in relation to fossil fuels as the main energy source for humans, maybe carbon in photosynthesis as that helps supply oxygen which humans need for respiration. Also the fact carbon is the building blocks of a lot of things, all organic compounds so its in proteins, lipids etc.

thank you sm!
Original post by FelicityL
does anyone have the mark scheme for 2017 physical? I've done this 16 marker: ‘Cooling climates rather than warming climates have a more significant influence on coastal landscapes' How far do you agree with this view, but I can't find the mark scheme.

sorry i tried looking for the mark scheme but i couldn’t find it either, it’s probably because the 2017 paper was a “practice sample paper” so the mark scheme is locked idk but maybe you could hand it in to ur teacher and get it marked
Reply 97
Original post by FelicityL

See if this works
omg this is so helpful - do you have the resource booklet to go with it by any chance?
Original post by NightCap
See if this works
Reply 99
thank you sm!

no problem, hope it helped!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending