The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Is St Andrews easy?

Hey, so I'm applying for computer science at St Andrew's next year for computer science and I don't want to sound overconfident but isn't it a bit easy? The minimum requirements are ABB and the standard entry is AAA so I'm somewhat confused since it's pretty high in the rankings. Can anyone who is attending there help me out?
Reply 1
Original post by eben_1025
Hey, so I'm applying for computer science at St Andrew's next year for computer science and I don't want to sound overconfident but isn't it a bit easy? The minimum requirements are ABB and the standard entry is AAA so I'm somewhat confused since it's pretty high in the rankings. Can anyone who is attending there help me out?

The entry requirements are just the minimum that will get you application considered. Many applicants will exceed these requirements. Just because you meet the entry requirements doesn't mean you will get an offer! Your personal statement is very important.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by S1098
The entry requirements are just the minimum that will get you application considered. Many applicants will exceed these requirements. Just because you meet the entry requirements doesn't mean you will get an offer! Your personal statement is very important.

I applied for comp sci at St As this year and withdrew this weekend after not hearing back for so long. I have an unconditional offer for the integrated masters at Edinburgh which I have taken. I have the equivalent of 5A* at A level (one taken early) so don’t be complacent about getting an offer!
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending