Original post by Lizjones49
where are the best universities

1. St Andrews
2. Cambridge
3. Glasgow
4. Sussex
5. UCL

This is my source, hope this helps :smile:
https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2022/sep/24/the-guardian-university-guide-2023-the-rankings
Reply 2
Oxford and Cambridge
Courtauld
St Andrews
Edinburgh

In that order
Manchester and Birmingham also have big departments with good reputations and easy access to galleries.
Reply 4
In a dilemma on how to pick between MA offers. Basically, I'm holding 4 offers forMA/MSt History of Art from Oxford, The Courtauld, UCL, and NYU Institute of Fine Arts. My supervisor fromOxford will be Professor Erin Pauwels (Modern American Art), while the Special Option lead at The Courtauld isDr. Stephen Whiteman (Early Modern Chinese Art, Ming/ Qing etc.). No particular information from UCL or NYUso far. I prefer small classes/ close relationships between teachers and students, so I am leaning towards Oxford and The Courtauld. My majored in law and politics in my undergrad and minored in art history. In terms ofexperience, I am acquainted with both the scopes at Oxford and The Courtauld, but only superficially. I speakEnglish, Chinese, and some French. I would like to pursue doctoral studies in the US. What advice would you give me if on how to choose between these institutions?

Quick Reply

Latest