The Student Room Group

EPQ Grade- Should I appeal?

Hi TSR, I just recieved 37/50 in my EPQ, and my exam board is AQA, which means that score is a B. In order to get an A i'd probably need 40/50.

I'm hoping my A- level grades will be A*AA - A*A*A. Will the B in my EPQ have a significant impact on application next year (I'm in Y13 right now, so these would be acheived grades after a gap year) if I was applying for Law at universities like Durham?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by KingDem2020
Hi TSR, I just recieved 37/50 in my EPQ, and my exam board is AQA, which means that score is a B. In order to get an A i'd probably need 40/50.

I'm hoping my A- level grades will be A*AA - A*A*A. Will the B in my EPQ have a significant impact on application next year (I'm in Y13 right now, so these would be acheived grades after a gap year) if I was applying for Law at universities like Durham?

Phew, tough one. Firstly, bad luck not quite getting the grade you wanted.

A* and A are the EPQ grades that unis will look favourably upon and potentially make your entry requirements nicer for, but that doesn't mean Durham won't dislike you for your EPQ, and in itself a B isn't a terrible grade. A Level grades are far more important than the EPQ - it's nice for the UCAS points and experience, but universities won't disadvantage you too much based on an EPQ grade.

In short, don't beat yourself down. If Durham haven't got back to you through UCAS yet, it might be worth checking on their website or in their prospectus what they think of an EPQ, then go from there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending