The Student Room Group

Predicted grades

I'm planning on applying to university this year, I am most likely going to be predicted A,B,B and a b in my EPQ, I anticipated getting an A in my EPQ, as I was predicted it and was two marks away from it. I contemplated, (as I got my results last week) appealing it, however I was literally so lazy with it towards the end. I'm planning on applying for Uni of York , Qmul, Uni of Newcastle, Lancaster maybe for my insurance and either Uni of Liverpool or Birmingham. for my work experience, I've volunteered at a charity shop and shadowed a Councillor, I have mocks in January too, so I want to apply for universities as soon as possible to give me more motivation to revise. As I don't have the predicted grades for it, I want to try to apply for KCL too, maybe if they do clearing, but I don't want to take a gap year, and I'm probably going to take a masters anyways. All of the unis I want to apply for other then York, require an A in the EPQ to lower the entry requirements, basically are these predicted grades fine? I meet the entry requirements for the predicted grades other than Liverpool and Birmingham, but I did some test thing and it said that I was still likely to get in, so I just need to make my personal statement strong
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by amnajsjkkj
I'm planning on applying to university this year, I am most likely going to be predicted A,B,B and a b in my EPQ, I anticipated getting an A in my EPQ, as I was predicted it and was two marks away from it. I contemplated, (as I got my results last week) appealing it, however I was literally so lazy with it towards the end. I'm planning on applying for Uni of York , Qmul, Uni of Newcastle, Lancaster maybe for my insurance and either Uni of Liverpool or Birmingham. for my work experience, I've volunteered at a charity shop and shadowed a Councillor, I have mocks in January too, so I want to apply for universities as soon as possible to give me more motivation to revise. As I don't have the predicted grades for it, I want to try to apply for KCL too, maybe if they do clearing, but I don't want to take a gap year, and I'm probably going to take a masters anyways. All of the unis I want to apply for other then York, require an A in the EPQ to lower the entry requirements.

which I don't have, and I'm quite disappointed that I didn't get an A, bc having two as would've been far more impressive ig, but I have English lit coursework due too so I don't have much time to do extra exams.
What subject are you applying for?

Do you think you can meet the standard offer for your chosen universities?
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
What subject are you applying for?

Do you think you can meet the standard offer for your chosen universities?

international relations, yeah I think so for York and Newcastle, there's like a scheme that I'm going to apply for, which reduces the actual entry requirements.
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending