The Student Room Group

Dropping out a subject

So I got my offer from UCL to study biomed. The offer was A in Biology and Chemistry and A in either maths or further maths. But right now, I want to drop out further maths, because I need to take 4 more units, the I would have to take 13 papers in June. So I dropped out without even finishing AS further maths. Further maths was in my UCAS application. Do you guys think they would take back my offer or make my offer higher? Cuz I can still meet the offer only with bio, chem and maths.
Reply 1
Original post by Erickim000
So I got my offer from UCL to study biomed. The offer was A in Biology and Chemistry and A in either maths or further maths. But right now, I want to drop out further maths, because I need to take 4 more units, the I would have to take 13 papers in June. So I dropped out without even finishing AS further maths. Further maths was in my UCAS application. Do you guys think they would take back my offer or make my offer higher? Cuz I can still meet the offer only with bio, chem and maths.

If it was just AAA in Biology, Chemistry and Maths or Further Maths, you'll probably be fine, as it doesn't sound like they wanted 4 subjects. However, just to be sure (unless a UCL rep comes along) I would recommend emailing them with your offer and checking just to make sure. You can find their contact details on their website, from which you can ask them, as it wouldn't be hard and is better than worrying.

I hope that helps! Congratulations on your offer and I hope all goes well :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by {Moss}
If it was just AAA in Biology, Chemistry and Maths or Further Maths, you'll probably be fine, as it doesn't sound like they wanted 4 subjects. However, just to be sure (unless a UCL rep comes along) I would recommend emailing them with your offer and checking just to make sure. You can find their contact details on their website, from which you can ask them, as it wouldn't be hard and is better than worrying.

I hope that helps! Congratulations on your offer and I hope all goes well :biggrin:

Thank you so much for your advice. Imma email them rn

If you change your qualifications from what was originally listed on your UCAS application then your universities have the option to change or withdraw their offer that they based on that information.

You should always get confirmation in writing from a university that they won’t amend your offer conditions before you drop a subject
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
If you change your qualifications from what was originally listed on your UCAS application then your universities have the option to change or withdraw their offer that they based on that information.

You should always get confirmation in writing from a university that they won’t amend your offer conditions before you drop a subject

Do you think they will withdrawn my offer?
Do you think they will withdrawn my offer?

I doubt it but if you have reassurance in writing then it makes it unlikely that they can use it as an excuse in August if they realise that they don't have space for everyone
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
I doubt it but if you have reassurance in writing then it makes it unlikely that they can use it as an excuse in August if they realise that they don't have space for everyone

okok I just called the admission team and they said it’s okay. So im good. Thanks for your advice tho
okok I just called the admission team and they said it’s okay. So im good. Thanks for your advice tho

Have they sent you that in writing?

Quick Reply

Latest