The Student Room Group

AS levels?

Hello, my school said that AS levels don’t exist anymore but when I look at the AQA spec for subjects, everything is divided into AS and A-level, so i’m wondering why that is?

At my school we sit internal end of year exams at the end of year 12 in four subjects and then continue with 3 in y13, but then does that mean I get no formal qualification out of my 4th subject? I feel like that’s kind of pointless?
Original post by zee1626
Hello, my school said that AS levels don’t exist anymore but when I look at the AQA spec for subjects, everything is divided into AS and A-level, so i’m wondering why that is?
At my school we sit internal end of year exams at the end of year 12 in four subjects and then continue with 3 in y13, but then does that mean I get no formal qualification out of my 4th subject? I feel like that’s kind of pointless?

It depends if the school wants students to sit AS. Im assuming your school makes everyone do 4 A Levels in year 12, with the option to drop to 3 in year 13. I dont think your school will make you do 4, but then drop to 3, instead of being able to do 4 in year 13 if you wished to.
When I was in sixth form, only students who took 4 A Levels sat their AS exams (as it is expected in year 13, many who do 4 would drop 1 due to the work load).

Quick Reply

Latest