The Student Room Group

How to share my personal statement to the PS library?

Hello,

I really found the PS library very helpful while creating my PS and was wondering now that I have my offers if I could upload mine to help out other people. How would I do this?

Thank you
Original post by j0mezz
Hello,

I really found the PS library very helpful while creating my PS and was wondering now that I have my offers if I could upload mine to help out other people. How would I do this?

Thank you

If you still have a live application we wouldn't be putting it in there for a good while so that you definitely wouldn't be using any part of it in the near future and then that gets flagged because it's on a public website.

@PQ, where were we putting provisional PSs to add to the library? Can you remember because I cannot :redface:
Original post by 04MR17
If you still have a live application we wouldn't be putting it in there for a good while so that you definitely wouldn't be using any part of it in the near future and then that gets flagged because it's on a public website.

@PQ, where were we putting provisional PSs to add to the library? Can you remember because I cannot :redface:

It’s something that was only done through the wiki. When all the PS library articles and content got migrated across there was no new functionality set up for donating new PSs to the library.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
It’s something that was only done through the wiki. When all the PS library articles and content got migrated across there was no new functionality set up for donating new PSs to the library.

I have an unconditional offer already. I could share it later but is there any way I could put it somewhere useful?

Thanks for your help
Original post by PQ

Original post by j0mezz
I have an unconditional offer already. I could share it later but is there any way I could put it somewhere useful?

Thanks for your help

Let me chat to the Gods and see what I can do about having a channel for PSs to be added to the library.

For now, we wouldn't be adding it until you are at university. Knowing the full history of the application would also be useful. Give me a week please.
Reply 5
Original post by 04MR17
Let me chat to the Gods and see what I can do about having a channel for PSs to be added to the library.

For now, we wouldn't be adding it until you are at university. Knowing the full history of the application would also be useful. Give me a week please.

Thank you! And yes that makes sense to wait until I have started.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the history of the application or if you want me to post it here but I'm happy to tell you all about it.

It helped me get accepted on the competitive Creative Writing course at UEA and they sent an email saying how much they enjoyed it. While I was writing it I could not find many helpful Creative Writing Personal Statements as it's quite niche so I thought it would be helpful for anyone looking to apply. I got offers from Sussex, Warwick, Soas, and Royal Holloway too.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond and take as much time as you need.
Original post by j0mezz
Thank you! And yes that makes sense to wait until I have started.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the history of the application or if you want me to post it here but I'm happy to tell you all about it.

It helped me get accepted on the competitive Creative Writing course at UEA and they sent an email saying how much they enjoyed it. While I was writing it I could not find many helpful Creative Writing Personal Statements as it's quite niche so I thought it would be helpful for anyone looking to apply. I got offers from Sussex, Warwick, Soas, and Royal Holloway too.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond and take as much time as you need.

No worries at all and thank you for being willing to share. For more niche courses I feel it's definitely worth us expanding the PS library. I am terribly forgetful, so if I haven't responded here by Monday 8th please give me a prod. :smile: :poke:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending