The Student Room Group

Cambridge personal statement URGENT

Hi, is anyone okay to please read over my personal statement for cambridge geography and just tell me if it reads okay etc.? I was supposed to have an online meeting with my colleges early applicant mentor on Monday, but she didn't join the meeting and I haven't heard anything from her..... I'm really stressing because the deadline is Monday and I'm completely busy from tomorrow until then, and won't have a chance to talk over my PS with her now, so I'm just going to submit my application and hope for the best. Really if anyone can just have a look at my PS and tell me if it's okay for a Cambridge application I'd be so so grateful!
Reply 1
My mums read over it and says it sounds okay, but she's not been to uni so I'm taking that comment with a pinch of salt (no offence to her lol)
I mean you can use the TSR PS review service (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4237154) but the latest date to submit so that you were guaranteed to have had your personal statement reviewed before the early deadline was the 2nd of October.
Reply 3
Original post by Talkative Toad
I mean you can use the TSR PS review service (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4237154) but the latest date to submit so that you were guaranteed to have had your personal statement reviewed before the early deadline was the 2nd of October.

omg no I didn't even realise that existed... I'm so annoyed I didn't expect the person who was supposed to be helping to literally ignore me and just not show up to the meeting we scheduled 3 weeks ago!!
Original post by rycbar.123
omg no I didn't even realise that existed... I'm so annoyed I didn't expect the person who was supposed to be helping to literally ignore me and just not show up to the meeting we scheduled 3 weeks ago!!

But I’m not a PS reviewer so I know nothing more than that.
Personally, I would not share it with anyone online. You are just inviting potential plagiarism and you don't know how qualified they are to be giving advice.
Reply 6
Perhaps email some teachers?
Have your Geography teacher read it. If your school as an Oxbridge club, track down the teacher that runs it and beg them to read it asap!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending