The Student Room Group

Politics edexcel alevel 2023 predictions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
you talking for global paper? because theres not much they'd ask for the eu. maybe the ECHR act?
Original post by cabbage3232
Hi can anyone suggest questions they might as in regards to the EU???? thankkk youu
Reply 21
Original post by bethh.2004
I've seen the first question in the textbook and have tried to answer it but find is so confusing, does anyone know how to actually answer it?

It’s just a franchise essay worded funny dw
Reply 22
cld someone pls explain why everyone’s saying they can’t ask a franchise question/ it’s not likely? It’s come up pretty consistently in my mocks/ hwk over the two years + recent revision lessons too? I was honestly hoping for one to come up
Reply 23
Original post by indyg
cld someone pls explain why everyone’s saying they can’t ask a franchise question/ it’s not likely? It’s come up pretty consistently in my mocks/ hwk over the two years + recent revision lessons too? I was honestly hoping for one to come up

It’s not that they can’t but the sheer volume previously asked reduces the possibility
Reply 24
Original post by inahuff
It’s not that they can’t but the sheer volume previously asked reduces the possibility

Ohh that makes sense, weird that my teacher said it’s never been asked before though
Reply 25
Original post by indyg
Ohh that makes sense, weird that my teacher said it’s never been asked before though

Sorry I think I miss read - franchise hasn’t come up before and could be asked. I think my brain was turned off and I thought you said voting systems.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 26
is there a difference between section a and b? what i mean is, is section a only going to be the first 2 units (democracy, suffrage, participation and so on..), then b is the others (media, voting behaviour, parties)
Original post by judebaxter
is there a difference between section a and b? what i mean is, is section a only going to be the first 2 units (democracy, suffrage, participation and so on..), then b is the others (media, voting behaviour, parties)

there is no section a and b, the questions could be on anything. There are only units
Reply 28
there are sections a b and c, i was just wondering if they correlate (obviously c is just ideologies) with specific units.
Original post by judebaxter
there are sections a b and c, i was just wondering if they correlate (obviously c is just ideologies) with specific units.

oh do you mean sections on the exam paper or on the spec? my college didn’t teach it to us in sections
Reply 30
how did everyone find the paper?????
Original post by tsrtsrtsrt

was slightly thrown off by the ideologies questions but besides that thought it was pretty okay! hbu
well guys… onto the next! paper 2 predictions?
Reply 33
my timing was awful but the questions were pretty niiice

Original post by tsrtsrtsrt
Original post by KoalaKat
my timing was awful but the questions were pretty niiice

did you manage to finish
Original post by katie.watsonn

some are saying that the eu might come up.. would you know what point to make for this question ‘Evaluate the impact of leaving the EU on UK Parliamentary sovereignty in relation to policy making' ??
Reply 36
did you manage to finish

nahhh, i had too much fun doing q1 and q3 (i didn't do it in order) so i only had 15 mins to write q2 eheh
did u??
Reply 37

After Paper 1 I think it's more than likely that non-Advanced Info content from last year comes up in Paper 2 now.

I'm thinking that EU is more than likely to come up now as not only was it omitted from last year's paper but Edexcel put out a notice late last year (here) revising its purpose and relevance on the spec, moreover one of the 30 markers in last year's AS Paper 2 was on the EU. I also think that sovereignty more generally is likely to come up as although it's in the Sample Paper, Edexcel clearly proved that that will not stop them at all from including it in the real thing as seen by today's first source question on general elections along with liberalism on the state which are both pretty much in the Sample Paper. Back half of chapter 3 is also p likely along with general gov control of parliament. Something on a British Bill of Rights too? Tho now that Raab is gone idk how relevant that'd be
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 38
first 2 questions were kind of good, although i wish i studied more about party funding and that would have been so much easier rather than the referendums question. i had 15 minutes to write the ideologies question, in which i wrote basically 2 paragraphs and just rambled as much as i coukd think at the speed of light. super annoying considering i have extra time yet i struggle to fit timings.
Original post by cabbage3232
Hi can anyone suggest questions tihey might as in regards to the EU???? thankkk youu

I doubt they'll ask any because we aren't in the EU lol, but I have no idea if they do- maybe something on sovereignty?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending