The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Physics Paper 3 (7408/3) - 15th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swnap
anyone else doing engineering?

Na engineering sounds bums icl
Original post by NuggetMan
Anyone got any predictions for astrophysics, what came up in 2022?

Not exactly sure about 2022, but I haven't seen any 6 markers about the formation or end of the life cycle of stars, so I'm guessing that we'll get a 6 marker on something like how a high or low mass star becomes a black hole/ neutron star or white dwarf respectively
Reply 22
Original post by NuggetMan
Anyone got any predictions for astrophysics, what came up in 2022?

probably a cassegrain telescope drawing as they did an astronomical refracting telescope last year, and there's at least not going to be a 6 marker on the big bang? apart from that i have no clue
Reply 23
Original post by Heisenberg66
Na engineering sounds bums icl

its surprisingly not bad. its just thermal physics and further mechanics plus a bit more about heat pumps and thats it basically
Reply 24
How do grade boundaries work with options? Is there only one set of grade boundaries or are they altered for the different options?
Also anyone else here doing turning points?
Reply 25
Original post by Anonymous12535
Not exactly sure about 2022, but I haven't seen any 6 markers about the formation or end of the life cycle of stars, so I'm guessing that we'll get a 6 marker on something like how a high or low mass star becomes a black hole/ neutron star or white dwarf respectively

No I remember doing a question identical to that in a previous paper (might have been 2022).
are the practicals tested on in paper 3 always core practicals? or can they be new ones or ones theyve altered?
I’ve seen a leaked paper on my TikTok fyp 😭
Original post by swnap
anyone else doing engineering?

I am :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Mr. Average
I’ve seen a leaked paper on my TikTok fyp 😭

aqa is shambles how is every paper getting leaked 😭
Original post by resonatethesoup
are the practicals tested on in paper 3 always core practicals? or can they be new ones or ones theyve altered?

i think both
hi, does anyone know what practicals came up on paper 3a in 2022?
Reply 32
Original post by asfdghjk
hi, does anyone know what practicals came up on paper 3a in 2022?

LMAOOOO get outta here bro do your mock like a real man
Anyone know why PMT has the model answers for paper 3 but not the video solutions?
Original post by moheat13
LMAOOOO get outta here bro do your mock like a real man

oh no, i'm in year 13, I'm just trying to take a guess at the practicals that might be on tomorrow's test
Reply 35
Original post by asfdghjk
oh no, i'm in year 13, I'm just trying to take a guess at the practicals that might be on tomorrow's test

Oh fairs, if I were to guess the practicals for tomorrow it would be magnetic fields, young's slit and maybe a freefall or pendulum-esque practical. Can't remember what was in 2022 tho.
what is everyone going to start with first - the practical stuff or the optional stuff?
Reply 37
Original post by resonatethesoup

They're generally not core practicals but rely on similar knowledge and often some algebraic manipulation
Reply 38
Original post by physicsisbad12
what is everyone going to start with first - the practical stuff or the optional stuff?

Options stuff for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending