The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Physics Paper 3 (7408/3) - 15th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oliviacantmath
i think both

thanks!
Reply 42
Anyone know which year had the hardest paper 3 for astro?
Reply 43
Original post by Abdullah05
Anyone know which year had the hardest paper 3 for astro?

I personally found the June 2020 to be the most difficult
Reply 44
is there a list of equipment we need to know?? just found out what a set square is and i’ve never used one in my life
Reply 45
Original post by catss
is there a list of equipment we need to know?? just found out what a set square is and i’ve never used one in my life

Crying HOW????
Original post by catss

bro same, i didnt do the practical endorssement so this is just fun. i dunno if you can find a pdf version but im using this book called, student guide AQA practical physics. its by hodder. it seems super useful for this paper
https://www.hoddereducation.co.uk/subjects/science/products/16-18/aqa-a-level-physics-student-guide-practical-physic
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 47
Original post by Mr. Average
I’ve seen a leaked paper on my TikTok fyp 😭

what?
Reply 48
Original post by henri17
what?

They're everywhere. AQA's had an absolute stinker this year
?? prob doing this on purpose so they have an excuse to raise the grade boundaries as paper 1 was terrible and paper 2 was heavy algebraic manipulation :colonhash:
Reply 50
Original post by moheat13
They're everywhere. AQA's had an absolute stinker this year

They're fake then
Reply 51
Do we need to memorise the evolution of a star? Cuz its not on the spec.
Do we need to memorise the evolution of a star? Cuz its not on the spec.

It is for astro
Original post by Tigershortfoot
It is for astro

No it isn't, we just need to know the path on the HR diagram for our star, we don't need to explain every stage of evolution e.g. from nebula to protostar
Original post by Kingemperor07
No it isn't, we just need to know the path on the HR diagram for our star, we don't need to explain every stage of evolution e.g. from nebula to protostar

Oh really? Wow, I’m surprised by that. Must just be in the textbook for some extra information then. Thanks!
Reply 55
How is everyone going to revise in order to prepare for tmrw?
Anyone doing turning points? looking for useful revision resources on it
Reply 57
Original post by moheat13
Crying HOW????

dunno man i’m struggling
Reply 58
HELP:
A spacecraft passes Pluto at a distance of 12 500 km. The telescope on board has
an aperture of diameter 0.21 m and operates at a wavelength of 450 nm.
Discuss whether this telescope is suitable for studying a crater with a diameter of
approximately 1 km on Pluto.

I did theta=Lambda/D for minimum angular res but idk what to do after that.
HELP:
A spacecraft passes Pluto at a distance of 12 500 km. The telescope on board has
an aperture of diameter 0.21 m and operates at a wavelength of 450 nm.
Discuss whether this telescope is suitable for studying a crater with a diameter of
approximately 1 km on Pluto.

I did theta=Lambda/D for minimum angular res but idk what to do after that.

You've found your minimum angular resolution, now set up a right angled triangle with half the diameter of the crater on the opposite side and the distance to the crater from the spacecraft on the adjacent side and see if the angle*2 is greater or less that your angle. If it is greater that means that you can study it, if the angle is less you cannot
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending