The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Physics Paper 3 (7408/3) - 15th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yr16ISpence
anyone got the equations we need to know for turning points that isnt on the formula sheet?

Don't but ik there's fizeau's equation and proving specific charge using one of the methods
Reply 81
Does anyone have pdf of paper 3A and turning points paper 2022?
anyone kno for astrophysics whether you have to memorise the different spectral classes?
Reply 83
Original post by resonatethesoup
anyone kno for astrophysics whether you have to memorise the different spectral classes?

you do, you need to memorise their order, their temperatures and their prominent spectral lines
Original post by _gracccc
you do, you need to memorise their order, their temperatures and their prominent spectral lines

thats intense, thanks
why? sorry I don't get it
Original post by Tigershortfoot
You've found your minimum angular resolution, now set up a right angled triangle with half the diameter of the crater on the opposite side and the distance to the crater from the spacecraft on the adjacent side and see if the angle*2 is greater or less that your angle. If it is greater that means that you can study it, if the angle is less you cannot
Reply 86
Original post by lakshinator

im pretty sure it was wrong tbh.
Original post by lakshinator

Just times the minimum angular resolution by the distance to Pluto or whatever it was and that will tell you the smallest thing you can see on Pluto. This comes out at like 20 something metres and the crator is much bigger so it’s appropriate. (Make sure to use values in your answer tho)

the other way he is talking about which you can do is drawing out a right angled triangle which goes from the space shuttle to Pluto, (try drawing this horizontal) the line which goes horizontal is the distance between the two and the line which goes vertical is diameter of Pluto. Using trig we can get tan(theta) = diameter/distance and using small angle approximation we get theta = diameter / distance. If you plug in the values with that equation you get a value of angle which is higher than the minimum angular resolution which you initially worked out which means that you WILL be able to observe it and it will be appropriate. (Harder way tho)
sorry didn’t explain the why very well. if the angle was below the minimum angle of resolution then it would not be able to be distinguished on the telescope
Reply 89
anyone got an astro ankii deck they could share??
Wldn't be surprised if there if there are 4 questions on section A like last year, imagine if there's 5......
Reply 91
Original post by arraychemical12
Wldn't be surprised if there if there are 4 questions on section A like last year, imagine if there's 5......

god no please don’t jinx it
Original post by Abdullah05

i got u for
i got u for quizlet homie https://quizlet.com/gb/794518888/aqa-a-level-astrophysics-flash-cards/?i=ueg8b&x=1jqY

Original post by Abdullah05
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 94
Original post by yr16ISpence
anyone got the equations we need to know for turning points that isnt on the formula sheet?

just all the specific charge variations and the stokes law radius derivation thing and the equation for fizeau's experiment
Reply 95
Can anyone send me the paper 3 AQA part B Astrophysics 2022 markcheme please
Does anyone got this year’s paper?
Gl guys
Reply 98
I can't lie this is going to go so bad, I've not even found the time to do any past papers. Good luck though everyone
Good luck everyone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending