Edexcel A Level Physics Advanced Physics II 9PH0 02 - 9th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by AceRox
Tin, i got 307 for SHC

I got tin too
Reply 41
Original post by masterplandeath
but wasn't it infrared so it would have been the longer wavelength which is 3.07x10^-7

I did the whole z=delta lambda/ lambda
Then lambda - (1/2 delta lambda) but can’t remember what I got
Reply 42
Original post by masterplandeath
but wasn't it infrared so it would have been the longer wavelength which is 3.07x10^-7

it was emmitted at a shorter wavelength and then redshifted to a longer one so the inititial would be shorter and not nescesarily in IR
Reply 43
I think the answe was copper as energy is lost to surroundings so it’s gonna be lower
Original post by doneladio
I got 307 and tin as well. Idk if thats right cos its so far off the value
Reply 44
Original post by AceRox
Tin, i got 307 for SHC

I got 308 so copper
Reply 45
Original post by econminho
i got that as well but apparantely its 3.07 x 10^-7

im fairly sure it was 2.667 x10^-7 and I checked it at the end by putting it in my calc
Reply 46
That was such an uncomfortable test
Reply 47
i got that as well but apparantely its 3.07 x 10^-7

How tho, cos shouldnt you set 14 = received wavelength - lambda/lambda. Then solve for lambda to get 2.67
Reply 48
I got 308 so copper

I got 307, but stated that the block may not have been at 100c when placed in the water or energy transferred to the environment, therefore it is most likely greater (so copper)
Reply 49
What did people get for the focal lengths? And did people say the wave will be detected as the frequency was greater than threshold for IR question? and for the blue and red light did you mention how its violet light, monochhromatic , coherent, superposition and interference etc.
Reply 50
0.818 and 0.082
Reply 51
Original post by AceRox
How tho, cos shouldnt you set 14 = received wavelength - lambda/lambda. Then solve for lambda to get 2.67

Idk man
Original post by lucas_b
I got 307, but stated that the block may not have been at 100c when placed in the water or energy transferred to the environment, therefore it is most likely greater (so copper)

I got 308 so I assume I still will be fine with that. I got liek 307. something to get that. I dont think you would require that explanation would you? I just said therefore copper.
Reply 52
1-10) MCQ
11)
12) Thermodynamics with metal block
14)
15)
16)
17) Lenses + Gravity

Help me fill it in
That paper was blessed omg
Reply 54
What did people get for the focal lengths? And did people say the wave will be detected as the frequency was greater than threshold for IR question? and for the blue and red light did you mention how its violet light, monochhromatic , coherent, superposition and interference etc.

For the 6 marker… I said that red light would produce maxima which is further apart as it has a longer wavelength. Said the same for blue light. And how since the light isn’t monochromatic there will be interference? Something like that
Reply 55
Original post by enrdegttve23
That paper was blessed omg

It was cursed
Reply 56
Original post by lucas_b
It was cursed

literally.
Reply 57
Original post by AceRox

I got 2.67!!!
Reply 58
Original post by lucas_b
1-10) MCQ
11) Question on standing wave/guitar string
12) Thermodynamics with metal block
14)
15)
16)
17) BLue and red light question
18) Lenses + Gravity

Help me fill it in

Original post by TmG84
For the 6 marker… I said that red light would produce maxima which is further apart as it has a longer wavelength. Said the same for blue light. And how since the light isn’t monochromatic there will be interference? Something like that

SO you didnt mention like light becoming violet, superposition therefore interference and stuff?
Reply 59
SO you didnt mention like light becoming violet, superposition therefore interference and stuff?

I forgot red and blue make violet 😭, so just said red and blue light merge

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending