The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Physics Advanced Physics II 9PH0 02 - 9th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

yh this paper was a godsend icl
Reply 81
Original post by econminho
did people say image distance equals focal length because the object is too far away it tends to infinity, so it can be ignored in the equation

Yes
Reply 82
Original post by robbie1172
for the work function one, i got the energy to be slightly higher than the work function, (0.32 or something) and i think that means it works becasue photoelectrons can be emmitted

yeah same but I converted ev into joules, but same conclusion
Reply 83
Do you use keplers law for last question ?
Reply 84
yeah same but I converted ev into joules, but same conclusion

Same thank god
did people say image distance equals focal length because the object is too far away it tends to infinity, so it can be ignored in the equation

yh
Reply 86
Original post by Griff Dog
Same thank god

why? why were you worried about that
Reply 87
Original post by Me_43
Do you use keplers law for last question ?

Ye

why? why were you worried about that

Yh the conclusion. Also want to bag as many marks as possible innit - tbf I don't think too much went wrong
Reply 88
Wait does anyone remember the values for the work function q? also what frequency did yall use for that
Reply 89
Ye

Yh the conclusion. Also want to bag as many marks as possible innit - tbf I don't think too much went wrong

oh right. for the joules value what did u get? do you remeber what value you got as your joules for that question?
Reply 90
Original post by AceRox
Wait does anyone remember the values for the work function q? also what frequency did yall use for that

did you do it in joules or ev
Reply 91
did you do it in joules or ev

joules, i converted 0.30 into joules and used that for the rest of the calc. but I said it doesn't detect. idk if I made an error in the actual calc
Reply 92
Original post by AceRox

HC/lmada where lamda was the 4.0 one
Reply 93
what did people get for the assumption to derive hubble constant equation. I just said velocity is the speed of light had no clue. and for the parsecs one I got 75.5 which is in the range. for frequency i got 0.6 something. for the butane gas one did you mention potential energy change in change of state and stuff?
Reply 94
Original post by AceRox
joules, i converted 0.30 into joules and used that for the rest of the calc. but I said it doesn't detect. idk if I made an error in the actual calc

I got like 7.24x10^13 for the work function and the calculated was 7.5x10^13
Reply 95
did people get 356 or something for the rms
Reply 96
what did people get for the assumption to derive hubble constant equation. I just said velocity is the speed of light had no clue. and for the parsecs one I got 75.5 which is in the range. for frequency i got 0.6 something. for the butane gas one did you mention potential energy change in change of state and stuff

wait which question is the 0.6 hz for? shm or space?
Reply 97
Original post by AceRox
wait which question is the 0.6 hz for? shm or space?

shm
Reply 98
what did people get for the assumption to derive hubble constant equation. I just said velocity is the speed of light had no clue. and for the parsecs one I got 75.5 which is in the range. for frequency i got 0.6 something. for the butane gas one did you mention potential energy change in change of state and stuff?

i got the same for the parsecs one. and for the butane i said the latent energy of vapourisation reduces the total energy so it cools down
Reply 99
HC/lmada where lamda was the 4.0 one

correct me if im wrong, but after converting 0.30 ev to joules, I used E=hf to get a value for the energy of masie's outgoing wavelength (obv used frequency and not wavelength) and then compared the 2 values of energy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending