how do we interpretate the grade bounderies from edexcel

2019 grade boundaries
Original post by Adhvyth
2019 grade boundaries

yh like do they have a break down of marks per exam and what is UMS
Reply 22
Original post by bigplongus
yh like do they have a break down of marks per exam and what is UMS

marks per exam should roughly be the same for each paper 55% overall for an A would mean roughly 55/100 for each paper. I dont think they released break down of marks for each paper from 2019 as I've looked in a few places but i cant find anything. UMS is just a way of standardising marks for each paper across different exam boards
Original post by ate3
marks per exam should roughly be the same for each paper 55% overall for an A would mean roughly 55/100 for each paper. I dont think they released break down of marks for each paper from 2019 as I've looked in a few places but i cant find anything. UMS is just a way of standardising marks for each paper across different exam boards

hmm.. i just didnt want to believe that 55% was genuinely an A, we were being assessed in mocks on being 80% and above for an A
Reply 24
hmm.. i just didnt want to believe that 55% was genuinely an A, we were being assessed in mocks on being 80% and above for an A

its not, 55/100 was for paper one, I believe it increases to 62/100 for paper 2 and paper 3 to 70/100 or something like that, because at least for AQA first paper is the hardest then it becomes easier gradually with the mech/stats paper being easiest
Reply 25
Original post by CodeX420
its not, 55/100 was for paper one, I believe it increases to 62/100 for paper 2 and paper 3 to 70/100 or something like that, because at least for AQA first paper is the hardest then it becomes easier gradually with the mech/stats paper being easiest

that would mean 62% for an A, it has always been around the 55-60% mark overall for an A in maths https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/A-level/2206-gce-notional-component-grade-boundaries.pdf
page 14 shows the break down for 2022 to get an A.

that was generally the same for us, my school also didnt follow the normal grade boundaries, but according to the ones published by edexcel its will always be around the 55-60% mark for an A
Original post by CodeX420

yeah but that for AQA, i can understand their grade bounderies it was just edexcels formatting that was making it hard for me to understand and i thought i was reading it wrong but overall for edexcel its 55% for an A
Reply 27
im getting like between 50% to low 70% in most of my past papers is it realistic for me to aim for an A, considering ive been getting mostly B's and a few Cs but i think ive improved since my last mock. also what is everyones prediction for the grade boundary for an A, i feel like it may be more near the 60s in terms of percentage (edexcel)
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 28
Original post by Adhvyth
most likely

I'm hoping they're somewhat mid way to 2019 and 2020-21 that would be good instead of just dip right down to 2019
Original post by Adhvyth
Cheers for the help so far, I have business on the 23rd and physics on the 24th which im absolutely fuc**ed for, but thats another story, then I have until June 6th for maths, so when should I finish content by?

hey i had the same issue with business (how did u find the exam btw) but my game plan is just doing all the year 2 pure content i wont focus on the year 1 content as much as it rarely comes up and im pretty familiar with it, then lots of past papers or use mad as maths (their qs are a lil harder than the actual paper so they can be pretty helpful)
Reply 30
Original post by study1234okay
hey i had the same issue with business (how did u find the exam btw) but my game plan is just doing all the year 2 pure content i wont focus on the year 1 content as much as it rarely comes up and im pretty familiar with it, then lots of past papers or use mad as maths (their qs are a lil harder than the actual paper so they can be pretty helpful)

hey, exam was wack, you got snap or insta or whatsapp, its good to find someone doing business and maths icl (you dont gotta give socials tho lol)
Reply 31
i'm doing papers but i'm only getting around 50% and i'm aiming for an A*, does anyone have any tips on how to improve?
Reply 32
whats the difference between paper 1 and 2?
Reply 33
Original post by Ranifex
whats the difference between paper 1 and 2?

No difference, they're both the same. Everything from the Pure content As and year 2
Original post by mia.gmia
i'm doing papers but i'm only getting around 50% and i'm aiming for an A*, does anyone have any tips on how to improve?

if ur aiming for A* then maybe check mad as maths website bcus they have lots of harder questions so theyll be good practice (maybe a bit harder than the actual papers) and marking them, any qs u got wrong watch youtube videos (zeeshan or bicen maths)
Reply 35
I'm out of past papers, is doing mad as maths actually useful? I've seen differing opinions on it. I'm aiming for an A/A*
Original post by pk04
I'm out of past papers, is doing mad as maths actually useful? I've seen differing opinions on it. I'm aiming for an A/A*

im not too sure on how helpful it is, i think its too hard maybe try mathsgenie or bicen maths google drive, he has loads of qs, revisely isnt too bad either it just doesnt cover all topics needed
Reply 37
Original post by study1234okay
if ur aiming for A* then maybe check mad as maths website bcus they have lots of harder questions so theyll be good practice (maybe a bit harder than the actual papers) and marking them, any qs u got wrong watch youtube videos (zeeshan or bicen math

is getting roughly 50s-70s in past papers good at this point aiming for just an A do you think?
how do we interpretate the grade bounderies from edexcel

my teachers and also maths channel youtubers have said that expect higher grade boundaries this year than 2019 as papers are becoming more accessible. 2019 had such low boundaries due to the difficulty of the paper, 2020/2021 don't count and last year was a one off. hope this helps :smile:
Original post by yupyupp
is getting roughly 50s-70s in past papers good at this point aiming for just an A do you think?

you should always aim for A* but if its affecting you mentally or taking your time away from other subjects then an A is more than enough, completely depends on your uni offer tho

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending