The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Further Mathematics Paper 4A (9FM0 4A) - 26th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your Edexcel A Level Further Mathematics Paper 4A exam go?

Edexcel A Level Further Mathematics Paper 4A (9FM0 4A) - 26th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 26th June 2023/ PM
Length: 1hr 30 mins

Resources:
Edexcel A Level Further Mathematics
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi. Dm I'll help
Reply 2
Hey. What’s everybody doing for revision rn?
Reply 3
Question answer to test the concept
Reply 4
It's simple. Get the difficult concept and try getting worked examples. It's working. Or can we partner as studymates?
Reply 5
Gl for Monday everybody!
GL Everyone keep revising almost over
bumping this thread
What did people get for a and b in the matrix question
Reply 9
Difficult paper this time around. Probably screwed it up.
Reply 10
What did people get for the integration question?
Reply 11
what did everyone get for SHM motion, i got the coefficient of x to be 100? what did u guys get
Reply 12
Original post by lamerfx
what did everyone get for SHM motion, i got the coefficient of x to be 100? what did u guys get

What?
For the last integral I got 81cm^2 and for the combinatorics one I got that it increased by 135,000 from 15,000 to 150,000 in part i, then for ii my code was 1359. Does anyone agree? I’m not completely confident.
Reply 14
Original post by Sean Dimmock
For the last integral I got 81cm^2 and for the combinatorics one I got that it increased by 135,000 from 15,000 to 150,000 in part i, then for ii my code was 1359. Does anyone agree? I’m not completely confident.

I got that the integral was 64cm^2 but I didn’t get a constant π remaining from part (a).
Original post by Noah1807
I got that the integral was 64cm^2 but I didn’t get a constant π remaining from part (a).

You had to add on the area of the ends I believe, but they’re both circles so you just get an added multiple of pi.
Reply 16
You had to add on the area of the ends I believe, but they’re both circles so you just get an added multiple of pi.

How many marks would I lose if I carried it forward without those added on?
Original post by Noah1807
How many marks would I lose if I carried it forward without those added on?

I imagine one method mark for trying to find the ends, one accuracy for not having that value of q and another accuracy in the last part when you find the total area, so I’d say probably 3. I’m not an examiner though, so that’s just my guess.
Reply 18
I imagine one method mark for trying to find the ends, one accuracy for not having that value of q and another accuracy in the last part when you find the total area, so I’d say probably 3. I’m not an examiner though, so that’s just my guess.

Out of 12?!?!
Reply 19
Original post by lamerfx

This is the FP2 thread, not FM2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending