The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Mathematics Paper 2 (9MA0 02) - 13th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your Edexcel A-level Mathematics Paper 2 exam go today?

Edexcel A Level Mathematics Paper 2 (9MA0 02) - 13th June 2023
[Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 13th Jun 2023/ PM
Length: 2 hours

Resources:
Edexcel A Level Mathematics
Congratulations on finishing your exam
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
this couldn't be the wrong chat.
will the topics that came up in paper 1 come up in paper 2 again if not all the topics came up in paper 1?
Reply 2
Original post by Z_GAMER
this couldn't be the wrong chat.
will the topics that came up in paper 1 come up in paper 2 again if not all the topics came up in paper 1?

A lot the main ones can come up again, such as differentiation and integration, when revising its best to assume that all the topics will come up again. However, with paper 2 it's easier to predict what might come up, as if something didn't in paper 1 its bound to come up in paper 2.
based on paper 1 topics im guessing will come up
- a lott of trig
- a big integration question
- parametric equations
- binomial expansion
- maybe some graphs and inequalities
- partial fractions
Reply 4
Is there likely to be more questions on modelling or would the other topics take precedence?
Reply 5
unless this paper is insanely difficult i’m scared for the grade boundaries this year
Reply 6
Original post by m184
unless this paper is insanely difficult i’m scared for the grade boundaries this year

guys pls dw, take 2018 as a good idea of what it could be as a MAXIMUM! don't stress, prepare well, and look out for getting as high MARKS as possible, and grades will come accordingly!
Original post by m184

Well.
The grade boundaries are scaled based off of student performance.
So if we do get off lightly this year, with easy papers, then yeah, the A* boundary could well be 225 (as opposed to 2022s 217), but the same PROPORTION of people will get such grade.
Please dont worry and just focus on your next exam.
just 2 more papers left guyss we have got this !!!!
Does anyone have suggestions of finding like A/A* level questions for each topic? I've exhausted many past papers, and the madasmaths ones as well
Original post by hellohello212005
Does anyone have suggestions of finding like A/A* level questions for each topic? I've exhausted many past papers, and the madasmaths ones as well

I mean if you completed all those questions, you are pretty much guaranteed an A*, just review the papers you've already completed and answer specific questions like those that you failed previously.
Reply 11
Original post by hellohello212005

Have you looked at the crash maths papers? although i think there are limited ones as they have not uploaded most of them. Or maybe papers from old spec? You can find them all grouped in the physicsmathstutor website, unless you've already done all of them
Reply 12
is there gonna be a coord geo, like rhombus question yall think or nah, cuz we already had circle
Reply 13
Original post by SarahS.A.S
is there gonna be a coord geo, like rhombus question yall think or nah, cuz we already had circle

We've had circles so they won't come up again but there could well be parametrics.
Reply 14
For anyone asking about topics, Bicen Maths made a list of predicted topics based on what was in the first paper. Please note this is purely speculative and you should still revise everything that you struggled on previously regardless and really everything to make sure you don’t get rusty

The list:
Indices problem
- Graph transformations
- Binomial expansion
- Trig equations and identities - maybe harmonic identity? Double angle?
- Proof by contradiction
- Modulus graphs
- Arithmetic sequences, sigma notation
- Parametric - differentiation, integration, modelling?
- Integration - maybe 2 questions?
- Differential equations
- Implicit differentiation
- I think Partial Fractions will feature somewhere too, maybe in integration
Reply 15
Original post by mindlessly
For anyone asking about topics, Bicen Maths made a list of predicted topics based on what was in the first paper. Please note this is purely speculative and you should still revise everything that you struggled on previously regardless and really everything to make sure you don’t get rusty

The list:
Indices problem
- Graph transformations
- Binomial expansion
- Trig equations and identities - maybe harmonic identity? Double angle?
- Proof by contradiction
- Modulus graphs
- Arithmetic sequences, sigma notation
- Parametric - differentiation, integration, modelling?
- Integration - maybe 2 questions?
- Differential equations
- Implicit differentiation
- I think Partial Fractions will feature somewhere too, maybe in integration

Was the roller coaster not harmonic just ina different fone than usual, don’t think it’ll come up again
Reply 16
Original post by THEPIE34
Was the roller coaster not harmonic just ina different fone than usual, don’t think it’ll come up again

lol whats harmonic, harmonic music? Lol
Reply 17
Original post by SarahS.A.S
lol whats harmonic, harmonic music? Lol

lol they mean harmonic identities like Rcos(theta+alpha) or Rsin those types of questions
Original post by mathsstudent222
Well.
The grade boundaries are scaled based off of student performance.
So if we do get off lightly this year, with easy papers, then yeah, the A* boundary could well be 225 (as opposed to 2022s 217), but the same PROPORTION of people will get such grade.
Please dont worry and just focus on your next exam.

If more people do well, I don't see why a larger proportion of people shouldn't get an A*? It's a test of our own ability, not a matter of national ranking surely, because that seems quite unfair.
Reply 19
Bicen Maths got predictions on topics what might come up on this paper

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending