The Student Room Group

Planing for Econ 25 marker

How can i plan for a 25 marker
For the first point, do i need to reject my point in evaluation
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by TheBamboo
How can i plan for a 25 marker
For the first point, do i need to reject my point in evaluation

You don't reject your point. You "evaluate" your point, which means you point out reasons/assumptions/circumstances where your point would be incorrect. For example, if you were writing an essay about the effects of an indirect tax on consumers, then you might talk about increased prices and decreased consumer surplus which would negatively impact on a consumer's standard of living.
You can then evaluate by saying that this depends on the size of the indirect tax imposed, and the type of good that the indirect tax was imposed on. If the indirect tax was small then consumer surplus won't decrease as much. And if the indirect tax is imposed on a luxury good such as a car, then lower income consumers won't be as affected since demand is elastic for luxury goods.
Reply 3
Original post by toxicgamage56
You don't reject your point. You "evaluate" your point, which means you point out reasons/assumptions/circumstances where your point would be incorrect. For example, if you were writing an essay about the effects of an indirect tax on consumers, then you might talk about increased prices and decreased consumer surplus which would negatively impact on a consumer's standard of living.
You can then evaluate by saying that this depends on the size of the indirect tax imposed, and the type of good that the indirect tax was imposed on. If the indirect tax was small then consumer surplus won't decrease as much. And if the indirect tax is imposed on a luxury good such as a car, then lower income consumers won't be as affected since demand is elastic for luxury goods.

Thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest