The Student Room Group

5 months till alevel exams can i still get AAA

currently at BCC
economics ,pyschology ,sociology
It may be possible but it depends on the effort you put in and how effective your revision is.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
It may be possible but it depends on the effort you put in and how effective your revision is.

what are the most effective methods of revision for a levels?
Original post by charliep8

what are the most effective methods of revision for a levels?

Depends, for some people some methods work and for others it may not.

For example:
- YouTube videos?
- organising notes
- active recall
- studying independently or studying in groups
- mind maps
- flashcards
- mnemonics
- exam questions/practise
For economics, yes you can get A. Can't speak for psychology and sociology as I don't have them in A levels. Just memorise the definitions for economics and practice past papers, mainly the essays. Essays are repeated so just note down or make mental note about the common analysis and evaluation points for each repeated essay.
Original post by Anonymous #1
currently at BCC
economics ,pyschology ,sociology

i do psychology and sociology feel free to ask me any specific questions you may have :smile:
I’d assume it should still be possible with effective and efficient methods. In economics, you can definitely get an A. Just use EconSesh on YT and Econ_Learn on IG for simple overviews on topics you cannot crack alone. For general revision grab a friend, hop on a call, and run through as much as you can by testing each other on physics and math Tutor econ notes (detailed version). And if you struggle with structure, reply to this, and I can drop the structure I use to average A*s with 95%+ consistently. Just mention the type of DRQ or essay's (comp 1/2/3).
Reply 7
Original post by TomcSixthForm
I’d assume it should still be possible with effective and efficient methods. In economics, you can definitely get an A. Just use EconSesh on YT and Econ_Learn on IG for simple overviews on topics you cannot crack alone. For general revision grab a friend, hop on a call, and run through as much as you can by testing each other on physics and math Tutor econ notes (detailed version). And if you struggle with structure, reply to this, and I can drop the structure I use to average A*s with 95%+ consistently. Just mention the type of DRQ or essay's (comp 1/2/3).

Hi, thank you for your response! I searched for EconSesh on YouTube, but I couldn't find an account by that name. Could you please send me the link if possible? Also, I would appreciate it if you could provide the structure. I am currently studying AQA Sociology, and for Papers 1 and 2, there are 9, 15, and 25 markers that involve an extract/case study.
Reply 8
Hi, thank you for your response! I searched for EconSesh on YouTube, but I couldn't find an account by that name. Could you please send me the link if possible? Also, I would appreciate it if you could provide the structure. I am currently studying AQA Sociology, and for Papers 1 and 2, there are 9, 15, and 25 markers that involve an extract/case study.

I meant AQA Economics*
Reply 9
Original post by emm4nuella
i do psychology and sociology feel free to ask me any specific questions you may have :smile:

Hi, thank you for your response! Im doing sociology AQA, I'm finding it challenging to structure my long essay questions, particularly the 20 and 30 markers. Could you please provide guidance on how you effectively organize these essays?
Hi, thank you for your response! Im doing sociology AQA, I'm finding it challenging to structure my long essay questions, particularly the 20 and 30 markers. Could you please provide guidance on how you effectively organize these essays?

hi when it comes to long answer essay questions - remember PEEEL: point, evidence (sociologist/study), explanation, evaluation (sociologist/study that agrees or disagrees with the point that you made) and then link.

with 20 markers, aim for: intro, 4 PEEEL paras and a conclusion
with 30 markers, aim for: intro, 5-6 PEEEL paras and a conclusion

in revision, when you practice - make sure you aim to write 5-ish mins a paragraph: thats the speed you should be aiming for.

any questions about psych?

I meant AQA Economics*

My bad I meant econplusdal on Youtube; I got it confused with bizconsesh. The structure may be slightly different since I use Edexcel instead. But for a 9 marker, I would probably go
*Intro: Definitions, Apply the context of the question and use a graph to explain the basics.
Para 1: Make a thematic point, explain why (this should be both your analysis and application), and then refute it or mention a disadvantage with the point, e.g., expansionary Fiscal policy may only work during troughs and economic downfalls as a strategy to see economic growth. (Use a double-shift Keynesian diagram to show how at different stages it goes from leading to significantly more economic growth than inflation, while as the economy is stabilised, fiscal policy will typically cause inflationary pressure with minimal growth in the economy.). Or just use basic opportunity costs or assumptions in models, like externalities, making them inaccurate.
After this, argue how it's still significant and useful and link it back to the question.

Repeat for Para 2.

(Conclusion optional) Depending on how strong evaluation and analysis are, however, do not repeat points; just make a quick summary and potentially add an alternative view point, e.g., classical economist’s Strong dislike towards fiscal policy and suggest how they may think monetary policy is better short-term and the supply side is ideal for long-term improvements but hard to do correctly. Give an example of a failure. e.g HS2*

For the 16*

I'd follow a fairly similar structure. Just go more in depth.

And for the 25:
*Intro
*2/3 Para’s (Include examples both from sources, suggest another example outside of the source, and compare why it may work for one while it may have been unsuccessful for another)
*Conclusion with an alternative view point*

Since it's extremely long, I'm leaving a simplified version.

Intro: Definitions, Context, and Diagrams

Para 1/2/3: Thematic Point (BLT+) Application, refute, argue why it's still significant, Link

Conclusion: a summary of what's been said + judgement and adding a potential alternative view point e.g., developed vs. developing countries.

Hope this helps not sure how different structure is from edexecel though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending