The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Business Paper 3 (7132/3) - 14th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by JShirtcliff
What would a 12/16/20/24 marker on CPA or decision trees look like though? Obviously will relate to info given in the case

It was a 16 marker in 2018's paper 3 and asked whether they could meet the deadline for all the activities
Reply 21
Original post by idontlikeessays
what actually is corporate governance? is it bureaucracy and being focused on shareholder needs rather than stakeholder?

I think thats along the lines. It’s basically like the responsibility the board of directors have, like setting directiong/aims, supervising management, reporting to shareholders yaddayaddayaa… i think it generally aligns with its stakeholders thats why there could be a divorce of ownership between the directors and shareholders
Original post by Bwoody321
Probably motivation theory as that hasn't come up much yet, could equally be something to do with growth or critical path. The timing is definitely the worst for this one. It's 100 marks in 120 mins, the format is 12,12,16,16,20,24 so timing wise you can't have much longer than a minute per mark. Maybe I should do it in reverse order but am not a massive fan either way.

Swear down
Reply 23
I don't know why but I feel like kotter and schlesinger could come up as a 16 maybe. It came up as a 12 in paper 3 in maybe 2017 but not much on it really. Any thoughts?
Reply 24
still not sure how to revise
Reply 25
How are we supposed to revise for this? Just ensure we are brushed up on models/theories and that we are familiar with case studies/ appendices
I think something around organisational culture will come up
Reply 27
I haven't even sat a paper 3 mock bc I had an art exam when my class did it, does anyone have like a summary of what their teachers told them for paper 3? any advice will help please I have zero idea what this paper is like
Reply 28
so the format is 12,12,16,16,20,24 I think and you'll have a case study so the questions will be based on that. we never got a chance to do it as a mock either
Original post by klaud21
I haven't even sat a paper 3 mock bc I had an art exam when my class did it, does anyone have like a summary of what their teachers told them for paper 3? any advice will help please I have zero idea what this paper is like

We had not done a paper 3 either in these conditions but I believe it is the 12, 12,16,16,20 and 24 format. With the 24marker being an open question I.e all businesses!
Original post by tj2266
so the format is 12,12,16,16,20,24 I think and you'll have a case study so the questions will be based on that. we never got a chance to do it as a mock either

never done one either
Original post by JShirtcliff
Exactly my thoughts, would have expected them to come up as a calculation question in Paper 2 but it wasn't to be! Internationalisation would be cheeky icl

feel like after the 25 marker on emerging economies it may not come up, i know its completly differnte but still linked
Original post by idontlikeessays
never done one either

they arent that bad the timings you should use
5-10 mins per 12 marker.
15 mins on each 16 marker
*by one hour have the 12 and 16 markers done
and then 20-25 mins on the 20 marker
and as much time as possible on the 24 marker.

top tip, read the questions and then look at the case study
Reply 33
Original post by graciegrape
feel like after the 25 marker on emerging economies it may not come up, i know its completly differnte but still linked

yeah possibly globalisation, and probably HR too
Reply 34
also a tip from my teacher

a finished bit brief answer is better than some really good answers and some that are half done

He said like a consistent 8/12 and 10/16 are a lot better than 11/12 for one question and then like 6/16 on the 16marker
Reply 35
If anyone is unsure on how to revise, i reccomend you go through the topics and watch tutor2u Paper 3 vid
i want to cry. ive just done 2017/2018 past papers and i couldnt get through them they are so hard. really starting to panic
Reply 37
hey dw ull get through it :smile: idk how much im helping but all we can do is just go in the exam and do our best - imo its kinda dumb how our entire futures is kinda based off one exam lol , the old system is better

but yea just go into the exam and try to stay calm and plan ur answers and we'll get through it

gl tmrw u got this :smile:
Original post by lalalalaaalala
i want to cry. ive just done 2017/2018 past papers and i couldnt get through them they are so hard. really starting to panic
Reply 38
Does anyone have any chains of analysis like a pdf of chains or any examples
Reply 39
Original post by 12XYZ123
Does anyone have any chains of analysis like a pdf of chains or any examples

umm, for the motivation ones i usually say

eg allowing the workers to make decisions means on hackman and oldham they get autonomy. this leads to them feeling responsibility at work. this means they feel valued and trusted to make decisions. this leads to higher quality , retention , lower absenteeism , higher productivity etc

thats all i can think of on the spot xD i just finished revising it - im probably done for today lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending