AQA A Level Business Paper 3 (7132/3) - 14th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by kostj111111
That's what I did

400/1400 is 28% bro
Reply 61
Original post by IRCC_222
Nah it was much lower its non current liabilities 400/ capital employed (400+1000)

Yah at first it was 20 something percentage then with the new investment it will rise to 47
What did you guys say for the 16 marker about the risk of investment into the new facility?
Reply 63
The paper was going so well until those last two question
Reply 64
Nah but I swr at first the gearing was 27% then after the new production facility it increase to 47% cus 400+500/1000+400+500 =47%
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 65
Original post by AC28
What did ppl get for the gearing in the 20 marker I got. 47

Yes I got that but didn’t know if this would be good or bad as it it not above 50% but is is close
Reply 66
Oh yeah after but that's just a forecast and you could say currently their ratio is low ans both values are below 50 so irs still safe
Reply 67
Original post by Hahaha2005
Yes I got that but didn’t know if this would be good or bad as it it not above 50% but is is close

Yh but it’s hard to know cus every industry has a different gearing ratio
Reply 68
Mr surfboard expert here
That case study was nice tho
Original post by Hahaha2005

Gearing ratio was 28 something
Original post by AC28
Yah at first it was 20 something percentage then with the new investment it will rise to 47

Yeah that is true but I think the analysis lies in recognising it’s a low geared business before the loan so it is not risky
Reply 72
I added the loan onto the NCL so it was 900, to show the difference in gearing levels after they take the loan
Original post by IRCC_222
Nah it was much lower its non current liabilities 400/ capital employed (400+1000)
Reply 73
welp i completely forgot about gearing - i said stuff abt current ratio and how rhey could still pay short term

Then i said abt how it was long term so if interest rates rise it could mean higher costs , and then i said if demand falls , they may make a loss so cant pay the loan so may get closed down

I forgot what i put in my conclusion lol
Reply 74
Original post by disasterspoake
Yeah that is true but I think the analysis lies in recognising it’s a low geared business before the loan so it is not risky

Was the question not about the risk of taking the loan and so would need to the the impact on the gearing ratio, I would say you can use both the the ones before and after for each argument
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 75
how many maximum marks can u get by explaining only one point in 12 markers?
Reply 76
Original post by kamhih

You can get full marks as they did not specify you needed two, depends on how in depth your answers is
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by kamhih

12 - aslong as it doesn’t say state 2 points - u can get 12/12 with one point
Reply 78
me and my friend are having an argument on what the guys name was it bhodri or bodihal LOOL
Reply 79
Original post by Philemon4
For the 25 marker , I talked about demoncratic, autocratic, lassiez-fairz, beuaractatic.

My counter argument was that the success of the growth of the any business might be on the employees.

For the one where you had to use Appendix B, I forgot what I wrote but I calculated gearing which was 28%.

i went down a completely different route for that 24 marker

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending