The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Business Paper 3 (7132/3) - 14th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by beahjd
me and my friend are having an argument on what the guys name was it bhodri or bodihal LOOL

thought it was like bodhi god knows
Reply 81
Original post by AC28
What did ppl get for the gearing in the 20 marker I got. 47

yeah was about 47 after the loan added to ncl which was 500. 400+500/1000+(400+500). Gearing was 400/1400 before loan I think
Reply 82
Original post by AC28
What did ppl get for the gearing in the 20 marker I got. 47

Yeah I got 47. I did the gearing before and after the bank loan which I think before was around 29?
Original post by AC28
Nah but I swr at first the gearing was 27% then after the new production facility it increase to 47% cus 400+500/1000+400+500 =47%

Being in the thousands really threw me with that question, so I think I got like 90% but I had like 10 minutes to do that question and the 24 marker, so I did it wrong!
Reply 84
what were the 16 markers again?
Reply 85
Original post by samira121
what were the 16 markers again?

One was on the promotional strategy, thought it was great. The other was like should they do the investment or not.
Original post by Joe Hurdle
Yeah I got 47. I did the gearing before and after the bank loan which I think before was around 29?

28.57%. I just said the business was low geared and could take on the loan, do you think it’s okay I didn’t calculate it after the loan?
Original post by AC28
What did people talk about for the last question I talked about leadership for the surfboard business and for my point against I talked about organisational structure and culture being more important especially in external growth and for my conclusion I talked about it depends on how u grow as well as if u grow into new counties they may have different cultures as stated by hofstede and also talked about franchising cus the franchisor may provide leadership to the franchisee and I talked a little bit about griners growth

i said for leadership abt how it determines how leaders should be responsive to internal/external changing circumstances which determines success of growth strategy e.g social change as more people recognising impact businesses have on environment and the guy in the case study is still acknowledging this even through his growth of new production site. for against i said economic factors are more influential than leadership - e.g recession higher interest rates influence borrowing and consumer demand
Original post by Hahaha2005
Was the question not about the risk of taking the loan and so would need to the the impact on the gearing ratio, I would say you can use both the the ones before and after for each argument

Yeah it was i basically just said because they’re low heated they can take on the loan
Reply 89
Original post by pjm04
thought it was like bodhi god knows

oh yeah oops
I got 28.5% for their current gearing and then 47 or something like that for if they chose to do the project

Overall I found the paper alright, I thought timing was gonna be a massive problem so I went at 1000mph and managed to finish 25 mins early so spent the rest adding stuff

For the last question I took a slightly different approach. I spoke about Amazon for strong leadership with JeffBezos and his relentless attitude (doing on EPQ on Amazon really helped for that one) and then for a counterpoint I put about how the external environment was also important.

I said about how cost of living and energy prices has dramatically increased demand for air fryers which has caused brands like ninja to grow rapidly. I explained how the leaders had little role in that and just had to respond with an emergent strategy.
Original post by Joe Hurdle

Yeah I got the same numbers as you
and then 2.05 for the current ratio??
Original post by ashleigh1234567
Yeah I got the same numbers as you
and then 2.05 for the current ratio??

Yh I got 2.05 for the current ratio.
Reply 93
Original post by disasterspoake
Yeah it was i basically just said because they’re low heated they can take on the loan

I said this and I said cus theyre a ltd and also cus bodhi wants to keep 100% of the shares they don’t have a lot of sources of finance so bank loan is the best and least risky
Reply 94
(Original post by Bwoody321)One was on the promotional strategy, thought it was great. The other was like should they do the investment or not.

Original post by Bwoody321
One was on the promotional strategy, thought it was great. The other was like should they do the investment or not.

Thank you!
Original post by SB14534516
Can anyone tell me if I've messed up the 24 marker, I spoke about the surfboard business in para 1 and said how leadership values can affect the way the strategy is implemented etc and then in my argument against I spoke about how employees and fans can affect sports entertainment businesses such as the UFC snd WWE and how they drive the growth of the business through pay-per view events and stuff like that - think I've done bad but if anyone can give advice it would be useful

Ummmm it was about growth strategy - so u has to link back to what the business could do about it - so like promotion is more useful to drive sales volume and get more people to watch u know what I mean?
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by AC28
I said this and I said cus theyre a ltd and also cus bodhi wants to keep 100% of the shares they don’t have a lot of sources of finance so bank loan is the best and least risky

If I rmeber correctly it was to what extent is taking out a loan risky to the business - so I don’t think u needed to talk about other sources of finance that’s not really what the question was asking - it was just using qualitative and quantile analysis of advantages and disadvantages of the loan
Original post by AC28

omg good point abt the ltd
Original post by AC28

I said about that as well, I said venture capital or floating on the stock market could be more risky as Bodhi would lose some control
Original post by ashleigh1234567
I said about that as well, I said venture capital or floating on the stock market could be more risky as Bodhi would lose some control

the question was not about other sources of finance no? it was just how risky was it for them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending