The Student Room Group

Think I’ve failed the year

I had some of my exams and they did not go well. I had to submit coursework which I completely missed the deadline for. I’m completely screwed. I know it is only first year so there is more leniency but I’m worried that I am going to completely fail and be kicked off the course. I struggle a lot recently with mental health and the university is aware and has given extensions but I still feel like I’ve failed this year. It sucks because I worked so hard to get in and now I’m failing because of my health. I don’t want to be kicked out, what can I do?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I had some of my exams and they did not go well. I had to submit coursework which I completely missed the deadline for. I’m completely screwed. I know it is only first year so there is more leniency but I’m worried that I am going to completely fail and be kicked off the course. I struggle a lot recently with mental health and the university is aware and has given extensions but I still feel like I’ve failed this year. It sucks because I worked so hard to get in and now I’m failing because of my health. I don’t want to be kicked out, what can I do?

Honestly, the answer lies with you. Only you can drive yourself, motivate yourself like no other. But if you knew you gave your best, then rest in the thought that , there's probably something great somewhere else. I know you don't want to be kicked out but did it ever occur to you that if it's meant for you, you'll manage somehow despite all these things?

Hi,

I’m so sorry to hear you’ve been struggling with managing your workload! :frown:
I can sympathise with your struggles and my biggest advice would be to get in touch with your university’s Wellbeing Services. They often offer check-ins and short-term sessions where they will be there to listen and help you push through things you’re struggling with. Past that, if you find your struggles are not easily managed by the university’s assistance, I’d get in touch with your GP and consider IAPTs counselling service. Then for your next year, you’d hopefully be able to manage a bit better and be in a more stable position.

For this year, you may be able to apply for an EC to account for this year or a portion of this year’s performance. I would definitely get in touch with your academic advisors/well-being guidance team to see what your options are and what you can do to help the situation.

Best of luck!! :smile:

Estelle
Second Year Psychology
University of Huddersfield
Reply 3
you are given a chance to resit for every module but it will involve a ton of work from your end to pass so many resits.

Hi there,
I'm sorry this is causing stress for you. I would recommend contacting your course directors and seeing what they can suggest. From what I have heard universities do their best to be accommodating. Also it might be worth looking into what support can be provided for you to help you feel better going forwards about your university work.

I hope this helps,

Eleanor F
Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending