The Student Room Group

AQA Psychology Evaluation

This may sound silly, but can you be asked to evaluate anything? I've got the evaluation down for Sherif, Zimbardo, etc. - but do I need to know evaluation for the likes of the types of LTM, or fight or flight?

My revision guide makes no reference to evaluation of these, but as the exam nears I worry something may come up on it to be honest.
Reply 1
I don't think it's needed for absolutely everything but I do know that evaluation for things other than studies can appear on the test. Things like various theories and research methods. Do keep in mind that the content and evaluations needed vary depending on if you're doing GCSE or A-level.
There's a really good YouTube channel that goes through all the content based on the specification and provides evaluation too! Here's the link https://www.youtube.com/@PsychBoost , they have a playlist for AQA GCSE and A-levels.
I find flashcards or makeshift posters help me remember the eval for everything but whatever works for you works for you.
Best of luck! :smile:
Reply 2
If you’re doing the AQA spec for A level psychology than you should definitely expect evaluation for all of these. The length of the question may vary (i.e., 4, 6 or 16 marker) but you should be aware and able to write decent evaluation points for all of these.

Studies like Zimbardo and Sherif on their own won’t likely be 16 markers, but fight-or-flight could be on its own and so can different of LTMs. I would suggest using a different revision guide or online sources to help find evaluation points for these.
Reply 3
How many evaluation points should you make for a 16 marker that has no stem/A02?
Original post by MlightOr
If you’re doing the AQA spec for A level psychology than you should definitely expect evaluation for all of these. The length of the question may vary (i.e., 4, 6 or 16 marker) but you should be aware and able to write decent evaluation points for all of these.

Studies like Zimbardo and Sherif on their own won’t likely be 16 markers, but fight-or-flight could be on its own and so can different of LTMs. I would suggest using a different revision guide or online sources to help find evaluation points for these.

Cheers, I will do. Gonna use some PMT notes, as well as potentially others, to try and bulk it out a little.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending