The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

chances of getting into st andrews

hi just wanted to ask realistically how likely am i to be able to get an offer at st andrews for history. im in y12 about to do my mocks and likely to get AAA/A*AA. i would really like to get an offer when i apply but dont want to get my hopes up.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by marj2105
hi just wanted to ask realistically how likely am i to be able to get an offer at st andrews for history. im in y12 about to do my mocks and likely to get AAA/A*AA. i would really like to get an offer when i apply but dont want to get my hopes up.

From the St Andrews website the usual entry requirements for their MA History course are AAA - so you have the entry requirements. It's worth applying to any course that you comfortably meet the requirements for. St Andrews seems to be about 5th in the UK for history, behind Oxbridge, Durham, and sometimes some London unis. So it will be competitive and others applying may be well above the entry requirements if they're also going for Oxbridge - so your personal statement has to set you apart.
So yeah, maybe a bit of a long shot but not impossible, as they always say the only way you definitely won't get in is if you don't apply. Make sure you're doing lots of supercurriculars to put on your statement over summer! I can't find any info about interviews or additional essays so it seems that they go just off grades and the personal statement. Try to get excited about unis with lower entry requirements too so that you'd be happy going to any of your choices, but don't be afraid to go for it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending