The Student Room Group

Hi. I have been giving some of the students advice on this site. When I first came on to the site I didn’t realise it was in fact a students room. Sorry. My point is……. My age. I am 60 years of age. Am I not too old to be answering youngsters questions .
Original post by Tina62
Hi. I have been giving some of the students advice on this site. When I first came on to the site I didn’t realise it was in fact a students room. Sorry. My point is……. My age. I am 60 years of age. Am I not too old to be answering youngsters questions .

Not at all. I'm 64 and as a retired teacher and current examiner / moderator, I have a lot of relevant advice and guidance to give. You will probably be in a similar situation.
Reply 2
Not at all! It's designed for students to get help. If you have relevant advice to give then I'm sure the person who made the thread will appreciate it!
Reply 3
Original post by bamtutor
Not at all. I'm 64 and as a retired teacher and current examiner / moderator, I have a lot of relevant advice and guidance to give. You will probably be in a similar situation.

I am not qualified in anything though. Just a mother & grandmother who has retired early If this is ok I am happy to give my advice.
Reply 4
Age does not matter. However, there is a saying that where an old man can see when seated, a young man cannot see when standing.
Original post by Tina62
I am not qualified in anything though. Just a mother & grandmother who has retired early If this is ok I am happy to give my advice.

Thats fine, but try and only give advice when you are sure of the answer.
Reply 6
There are plenty of helpful TSR users providing advice who are in their 60s, 50s, 40s, 30s and 20s. :smile:
Some are mature students.
Others teachers, uni lecturers, examiners or the parents of students/graduates.
Original post by Tina62

Nope not at all. I'm half your age, but I think you can give your knowledge and experience to anybody who needs it. People such as yourself are very important on this forum I would think.

Quick Reply

Latest