The Student Room Group

14 Year old's consenting to 13 year old's in Germany and it being illegal.

How is a 14 year old having sex with a 13 year old considered a crime but a 14 year old consenting to a 20 year old is not in Germany?
Maybe because 13 is below the age of consent?

Seems like your point is that people at 14 cannot make a beneficial decision about sexual relations, and while that may be true (especially with people much older), the point still stands for the 13 year old. But this time, it's not moral - it's legal. By law in Germany, a 13 year old is not considered of legal age, and so cannot make that decision with enough diligence.

It's weird, but just because you're close in age doesn't mean it's ethical.
Reply 2
Original post by SupremeMemer

Seems like your point is that people at 14 cannot make a beneficial decision about sexual relations, and while that may be true (especially with people much older), the point still stands for the 13 year old. But this time, it's not moral - it's legal. By law in Germany, a 13 year old is not considered of legal age, and so cannot make that decision with enough diligence.

So you're saying that it's not moral for a 14 year old who is in similar development or close too it to date or consent with someone just one year younger? Are you really serious right now???
Reply 3
Original post by SupremeMemer

And Yet people like you criticize americans about their age of consent yet yours is stupid af? How is it that someone who is just measly one year younger than them not able to be allowed exemptions I mean did they not allow close in age exemptions in other countries? What makes 14 any special?
Original post by Anonymous
And Yet people like you criticize americans about their age of consent yet yours is stupid af? How is it that someone who is just measly one year younger than them not able to be allowed exemptions I mean did they not allow close in age exemptions in other countries? What makes 14 any special?

What?? I'm not even from Germany but the law is the law regardless of whether you like it or not

Original post by Anonymous
So you're saying that it's not moral for a 14 year old who is in similar development or close too it to date or consent with someone just one year younger? Are you really serious right now???

Yes. The age of consent is to protect younger people from being sexually abused when they aren't clear on the consequences, etc. A 13 year old might not be given proper sex education at that age, or it just may not be suitable for many other reasons. It could be set at any age, and you'd seemingly still have a problem with it. The same happens anywhere: in the UK, 16 y/o can't have sex with a 15 y/o. Similar in age, but the limit is set by law for a very good reason.
Reply 5
To be fair, a 14 year old with a 20 year old is far more predatory/concerning than a 14 year old with a 13 year old, but it's the law, and with the former I expect there is a lot of stigma towards said 20 year olds having sex with people six years younger than them. I'm not German so I can't say for sure. Similarly, in the UK a 22 year old with a 16 year old won't have a much better reception. Generally, acceptable age gaps become larger over time. Looking at the four year difference between a 13 and 17 year old, the latter is clearly more mature then the 13-year-old, but with a 17 and 21 year old the gap in maturity is thinner, even if a 17 and 21 year old being together isn't that well accepted either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending