The Student Room Group

OCR A-level Sociology Paper 2 (H580/02) - 9th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Tin Yu Pang
Quick question how have people been revising for this paper and how's everyone getting on with it?

tbh, I just make plans and prepare for them. I also think having a good teacher helps, so if you have a good teacher, make sure you're always asking them questions, even if you think they're stupid. Another way is to look over mark schemes. but overall, I just make plans.
Original post by Ethereal001
i made knowledge tables with three key points and evaluations for each subtopic. i’m going to do some blurting n essay plans

Does that mean you are planning to write 3 for and 3 against instead of 4 for 4 against for the 40 marker?
Original post by josssebae
tbh, I just make plans and prepare for them. I also think having a good teacher helps, so if you have a good teacher, make sure you're always asking them questions, even if you think they're stupid. Another way is to look over mark schemes. but overall, I just make plans.

Ahh I see okay. Do you do any past papers? And is timing an issue for you for this paper?
Does that mean you are planning to write 3 for and 3 against instead of 4 for 4 against for the 40 marker?

4 against is the evaluation bit that’s too much! and yes i would write 4 but i’m aiming for a B
Reply 24
Ahh I see okay. Do you do any past papers? And is timing an issue for you for this paper?

Yes, I do past papers, but I usually do them the day before my exam, so if I’m struggling on something, I can look over it before my exam. I do have issues with timing, so I also time myself, but lucky for me, yesterday's exam didn’t have any issues with timing, which was shocking.
Are there any predictions for what research method will come up as the 25 marker in Section A?
Reply 26
any predictions for the social inequalities part?
Original post by irlw
any predictions for the social inequalities part?

someone said 20 marker could be on how social class affects life chances and the 40 marker on marxist view of ethnicity (these are all predictions tho so make sure to revise everything)
Anyone know any points for Marxism on ethnic inequality other than Cox, Castles and Kosack, and Robert Knox's Race Theory?
Anyone know any points for Marxism on ethnic inequality other than Cox, Castles and Kosack, and Robert Knox's Race Theory?

you can talk about weber and Miles (neo Marxist)
Reply 30
Original post by User10283472
Should we learn essay plans for questions which have already come up?

For the inequality 40m I was planning on not thoroughly going through questions which are already mentioned in previous past papers. Like functionalist views on ethnicity for instance. Maybe learn like one or two ao1 points from there to use as AO3 in my other essays but that’s it. Am I taking too big of a risk by not learning it in detail if it’s already come up?

no you can see if you can find any trend’s between oast papers like for paper 1 i predicted that question 3 would be disability
Anyone know how likely the 40 marker will be on gender, social class, age inequality instead of ethnic inequality? I haven't planned much questions on those ones and I'm wondering if I should spend more time on them.
Reply 32
Anyone know how likely the 40 marker will be on gender, social class, age inequality instead of ethnic inequality? I haven't planned much questions on those ones and I'm wondering if I should spend more time on them.

I made a document with all the past questions so you can find trends/eliminate ones that came up already.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RM2NYzDqr_hJvfAJzjtKhUqKhIZ0sjSvDKHGgpzKDB0/edit?usp=sharing
Reply 33
do we have to know postmodern explanations for the 40 markers cuz its not on the spec but my teacher told me to learn them just in case? i dont want to waste my time learning them if it cant actually come up :/
Original post by huhleema
do we have to know postmodern explanations for the 40 markers cuz its not on the spec but my teacher told me to learn them just in case? i dont want to waste my time learning them if it cant actually come up :/

it’s not on the spec so don’t bother we already have more than enough content to learn
Original post by Farhattt
I made a document with all the past questions so you can find trends/eliminate ones that came up already.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RM2NYzDqr_hJvfAJzjtKhUqKhIZ0sjSvDKHGgpzKDB0/edit?usp=sharing

what do you think the 24 marker for research methods could be on?
Reply 36
Original post by huhleema

if it’s not in the spec don’t learn it
Original post by Ethereal001
what do you think the 24 marker for research methods could be on?

That was what I was thinking as well, but my teacher said it could be on any of the types of observations
Any predictions for paper 3?
Reply 39
what do you think the 20 and 40 markers will be?
Original post by Farhattt

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending