The Student Room Group

OCR A-level Sociology Paper 2 (H580/02) - 9th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by irlw
what do you think the 20 and 40 markers will be?

Social class for the 20 marker, and marxism explanations of ethnic inequality for the 40 marker apparently.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 41
thank you. how definate are you on this? i have missed a lot of school due to health problems and need to basically relearn it all and narrow down my revision.
Original post by Tin Yu Pang
Social class for the 20 marker, and marxism explanations of ethnic inequality for the 40 marker apparently.
Not 100% definite obviously because there nothing stopping the exam board to repeat the same topics for the questions or not follow their normal trends, but I have seen a good few people, even my teacher predicting Marxism on ethnic inequality as the 40 marker. For the 20 marker I doubt that it would be on gender or age because they both came up for the past two years 20 marker.
Reply 43
do any of u guys have specific studies for the weberian view on gender inequality cuz i literally only have the different feminisms, functionalism and postmodernism so would a question on that be possible (not sure why i havent been taught it???)
Original post by huhleema
do any of u guys have specific studies for the weberian view on gender inequality cuz i literally only have the different feminisms, functionalism and postmodernism so would a question on that be possible (not sure why i havent been taught it???)

same haha not much content on it... we have barron n norris and workplace segregation but thats all ik of
Reply 45
Original post by huhleema

just Barron and Norris for dual labour market
Reply 46
Original post by irlw
thank you. how definate are you on this? i have missed a lot of school due to health problems and need to basically relearn it all and narrow down my revision.

not definite at all its just a prediction I made after looking at all the past papers, so make sure you revise everything
Reply 47
Heyyy, What should I do given that I have four days to revise this paper and have no idea where to begin?😭😭😭
Original post by 163058RA
Heyyy, What should I do given that I have four days to revise this paper and have no idea where to begin?😭😭😭

hey if it makes you feel better i wont start until wednesday because i have two exams (maths and fm) on monday and tuesday. im going to be making quick essay plans (just bullet points!) and content mindmaps for each subtopic in social inequalities. Research methods is just common sense so skim-reading that stuff. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by 163058RA

with research methods there’s not much you could do and with inequalities make plans and just pray for the best 🙂
Reply 50
Has anyone got the link for the paper 3 exam chat, or has it not been made yet?
Reply 51
im so ****d i dont know the difference between a pattern and a trend
Reply 52
Original post by delilahc
im so ****d i dont know the difference between a pattern and a trend

Ahahaha literally, can’t even do the 4 marker. 😩
Reply 53
predictions? would really be helpful, have no time to revise at allll
Reply 54
Original post by josssebae
By the way, these are just predictions, so make sure you make other plans as well. After looking at the past papers, I think the 20m are going to be social class. So overall, I predict it’s going to be a Marxist view on ethnicity is the 40 marker, and social class affects life chances on the 20 marker.

wasnt last years paper on social class as well? (the 20 marker)
Reply 55
Original post by bolajixoxo
wasnt last years paper on social class as well? (the 20 marker)

nah it was age
Reply 56
Marxist explanations of ethnic inequality is predicted as a 40 marker but the 40 marker last year was Assess Marx's view on social class? My teacher thinks its likely that ethnicity will come up in either the 20 or 40 mark however New Right has never been asked before so could be 40 mark.
Original post by dhastie
Marxist explanations of ethnic inequality is predicted as a 40 marker but the 40 marker last year was Assess Marx's view on social class? My teacher thinks its likely that ethnicity will come up in either the 20 or 40 mark however New Right has never been asked before so could be 40 mark.

There's not much you can talk about for New Right, and it holds similar views with functionalism explanations of ethnic inequality, plus functionalism & ethnicity came up on the 2018 40 marker so idk if that will be likely. Whereas Marxism on ethnic inequality never came up, especially the last and only time ethnicity came up for the 40 marker was in 2018 so I think it's defo a strong contender.
(edited 10 months ago)
Anyone got any predictions for the paper 3 40 marker? That's my weakest paper lol
Reply 59
Original post by Tin Yu Pang
My teacher said it is likely to be Ethnicity and Marxism for the 40 marker. I am not so confident with section B and 40 markers so I'm currently trying hard to memorise cover all the content😂

same. Do you have any predictions for section A 25 marker?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending