The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Politics Paper 1 - 7152/1 23 May 2023 [Exam chat]

Scroll to see replies

does anybody have any example responses to either 25-markers? not for any particular question, just because i wanna see what it generally should look like? i've got the structure of them down but want to see some example response(s) to assure myself i'm doing it all right ... probably last minute anxiety but yeahh if anyone's got any plz let me know/see !!!
Original post by hamlethath12
do you think the topics that came up on the specimen paper could come up?

No, my teacher said it is very unlikely and that specimen papers are basically treated as a past paper! so I haven't revised those topics related to the question either.
(edited 11 months ago)
any advice on what i should be doing tmr - seeing as its the last full day of revision?
Original post by totallynotmani
any advice on what i should be doing tmr - seeing as its the last full day of revision?

Revising and reading, lil bit of practice maybe...
Has anyone noticed if the topic 'structure and role of the parliament' has come up? Has there been any questions relating to this topic? I haven't revised it much, I was wondering if I need to go over it if it hasn't popped up recently.
Original post by Aimen.Faisal
Has anyone noticed if the topic 'structure and role of the parliament' has come up? Has there been any questions relating to this topic? I haven't revised it much, I was wondering if I need to go over it if it hasn't popped up recently.

its come up twice - once in 2020 as a 9 marker 'Explain and analyse three influences upon individual MPs when voting in the House of Commons', and in 2021 as a source 'Analyse, evaluate and compare the arguments in the above extracts regarding House of Lords reform.' (not sure if this means it could be an essay this year?)
Reply 46
what percent do you think A* will be this year? 2019 was 79% and 2022 was 72% so my teachers have said it's likely to be around the 75% mark.
Original post by sammy31415
what percent do you think A* will be this year? 2019 was 79% and 2022 was 72% so my teachers have said it's likely to be around the 75% mark.

the grade boundary should be fairly manageable this year i think, a lot of other subjects are definitely taking it into consideration that it's the first round of actual exams our year is sitting so it's a little optimistic but hopefully it will be somewhat easier to get a decent grade
Reply 48
Does anyone know if participation crisis has come up as a 25 marker/extract in recent years? I’m hoping it’s likely as it’s such a broad question
Original post by Olivine
Does anyone know if participation crisis has come up as a 25 marker/extract in recent years? I’m hoping it’s likely as it’s such a broad question

hasn't come up so far - the 2022 25 marker was to do with representative democracy in crisis? - comes under democracy and participation - but still can come up tbf
Reply 50
hasn't come up so far - the 2022 25 marker was to do with representative democracy in crisis? - comes under democracy and participation - but still can come up tbf

I really hope it does, it would be a dream question. Could talk about pressure groups, recent election rates, referendums and solutions to the problem like extending the franchise
Reply 51
Original post by anonymoususerUK
Hopefully no EU in the paper. My politics teacher told me it's very unlikley.

yeah same
Reply 52
how likely do you think Chapter 7 (elections and referendums) and chapter 8 (political parties) will come up this year considering its practically come up for the last 4 years... haven't really looked over them much
its come up twice - once in 2020 as a 9 marker 'Explain and analyse three influences upon individual MPs when voting in the House of Commons', and in 2021 as a source 'Analyse, evaluate and compare the arguments in the above extracts regarding House of Lords reform.' (not sure if this means it could be an essay this year?)

oh okay tysm :smile:
Original post by saskia.jpg
how likely do you think Chapter 7 (elections and referendums) and chapter 8 (political parties) will come up this year considering its practically come up for the last 4 years... haven't really looked over them much

I believe there's a good chance of referendums coming up, it hasn't come up for a long while since 2020 which was just a 9 marker
Does anyone think parties might come up? My teacher went through it in about forty minutes but considering the recent leadership changes, etc, I wondered if anyone else considered a 25-marker on party divisions/moving away from Thatcherism in the Conservative party?
im thinking devolution may be a 9 marker or even extract - we've had a devolution 25 mark essay in 2021 'The ongoing process of devolution threatens the sovereignty of the Westminster Parliament.’ Analyse and evaluate this statement.' thoughts??
Original post by n3wmagicwand
Does anyone think parties might come up? My teacher went through it in about forty minutes but considering the recent leadership changes, etc, I wondered if anyone else considered a 25-marker on party divisions/moving away from Thatcherism in the Conservative p

I'm hoping this doesn't come up lol - but now that I think about it, I may have to look over this quickly :eek:
Reply 58
Original post by n3wmagicwand
Does anyone think parties might come up? My teacher went through it in about forty minutes but considering the recent leadership changes, etc, I wondered if anyone else considered a 25-marker on party divisions/moving away from Thatcherism in the Conservative party?

They'd never do a question on a single party it's too in depth. Causes of party division seems valid though.
Is there any topics anyone is definitely cancelling out or not bothering paying that much attention to? For example I’m not going over select committees as it was already a 25 marker in the specimen sample paper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending