The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Politics Paper 1 - 7152/1 23 May 2023 [Exam chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Aimen.Faisal
Is there any topics anyone is definitely cancelling out or not bothering paying that much attention to? For example I’m not going over select committees as it was already a 25 marker in the specimen sample paper.

I'm hoping elections and referendums dont show up as they showed up in 2022- 9 marks, 2021- 9 and 25 and 2019- 9 marks. But i am still going to give them a quick review
Reply 61
Original post by n3wmagicwand
Does anyone think parties might come up? My teacher went through it in about forty minutes but considering the recent leadership changes, etc, I wondered if anyone else considered a 25-marker on party divisions/moving away from Thatcherism in the Conservative party?

the theme has shown up in all of the papers so far- 2022, 2021,2019 and the sample so statistically it is likely unfortunately
Original post by emwhyyyy
I'm hoping elections and referendums dont show up as they showed up in 2022- 9 marks, 2021- 9 and 25 and 2019- 9 marks. But i am still going to give them a quick review

Hey,
Sorry can you specify which question in 2021 directly links to elections and referendums? I was under the impression that referendums have only come up once in a 9 marker in 2020 and can be likely to come up again this year. :smile: elections on the other hand, i agree has come up a few times tho.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 63
Original post by anonymoususerUK

AQA A-Level Politics Paper 1 - 7152/1 23 May 2023 [Exam chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management

Date/Time: Tuesday 23rd May PM
Length: 2h

Good luck! :smile:

does anyone have a list of examples for the judiciary, devolution, european union topics?? really struggling rn
Reply 64
Hey,
Sorry can you specify which question in 2021 directly links to elections and referendums? I was under the impression that referendums have only come up once in a 9 marker in 2020 and can be likely to come up again this year. :smile: elections on the other hand, i agree has come up a few times tho.

Hi- I may be wrong in the year as my teacher gave us a list if all past exam questions and the topics so it have have been jumbled: Explain and analyse 3 circumstances in which referendums have been held in the uk, and 'party leaders are of decisive importance in the winning and loosing of general elections' analyse and evaluate this statement
Original post by emwhyyyy
Hi- I may be wrong in the year as my teacher gave us a list if all past exam questions and the topics so it have have been jumbled: Explain and analyse 3 circumstances in which referendums have been held in the uk, and 'party leaders are of decisive importance in the winning and loosing of general elections' analyse and evaluate this statement

ahh okay :smile:
Guys, we've all being doing this for 2 years. We know the course very well.

Let's smash this paper :smile:
do you think political parties could come up as 9 marker or as a source?
Original post by hamlethath12
do you think political parties could come up as 9 marker or as a source?

Have no idea. Maybe something could come up such as “analyse and explain how the conservatives/labour have remained true to its founding principles” I hope it’s not a 25 mark tho. And easy 9 marker like “explain and analyse 3
roles of political parties” would be perfect lol
(edited 11 months ago)
Good luck everyone today :smile:
Reply 70
Original post by aaliyahjane
does anyone have a list of examples for the judiciary, devolution, european union topics?? really struggling rn

Hi, I know the exam is today but I thought I’d respond anyway.
for judiciary I like to fit the judicial reform act 2005 in because it links with constitutional reform from the 1997 election so it’s a great synoptic link if you mention those things. If you go onto the Supreme Court website for the uk - you’ll find a page of every ruling ever made by the Supreme Court, that can be helpful as they have an information page on what happened and the ruling. I’d pick like 2

For devolution the best thing to talk about is Brexit and how the European communities act was repealed so therefore it can’t be that important anymore.
To counter that, there was a recent deadline set for the end of 2023 in which Parliament have to decide which of the EU laws their keeping and which ones their not - which shows that it must have some significance or they wouldn’t keep the laws.
Factortame (1990) the case in which the EU struck down a UK law for the first time because it was incompatible with their law
Human rights act and why that’s significant and link it to constitutional reform from the 1997 election for a good synoptic link

I hope this helps, it’s not very detailed but as long as the evidence is there I don’t always feel like it needs to be that detailed. Good luck for the exam
Reply 71
omg no😭where have they been leaked?

thank you! didn't notice this pattern, going to spend more revision on the EU.
Btw has anyone heard the rumours of 2023 a level papers being leaked and that its apparently legit?
Reply 72
Does anyone think referendums will appear?
Someone please tell me that I’m not the only one who ran out of time :frown:
Reply 74
Original post by littlewenjunhui

what questions i can’t remember
Original post by silky118

The source question..I did it at the end though
Reply 76
Original post by silky118

omg me everyone i’ve spoke to ran out of time the section b was not nice 😭
Reply 77
the questions were rly nice thinking about it but the timing issue may have cost me icl
Original post by littlewenjunhui

nah me too, n i'm stuck with such a sore arm after writing so fast to catch up sighss
How did it go today guys?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending