The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Politics Paper 1 - 7152/1 23 May 2023 [Exam chat]

Scroll to see replies

found the essay really good! extract and 9 markers weren’t too bad, just wish i had more time </3
Anyone else find it particularly easy? There was no proper nieche 9 marker like previous years the section B on select committees was a blessing especially the authors and the second 25 marker was amazing!
Reply 82
what did anyone get for the first 9 marker on how govs are formed based on elections ?!!!! i put the 2010 coalition gov and fptp but was stuck on the last point🥲🥲
Reply 83
AQA acc blessing us rn. Content everything was easy my only concern in my timing
25 mark extract - did intro prov two good paragraphs and conclusion - shouldn’t be a problem

25 mark essay - did intro two rushed paragraphs and conclusion - that is what I am worried about
Reply 84
(Original post by jiaaap!)what did anyone get for the first 9 marker on how govs are formed based on elections ?!!!! i put the 2010 coalition gov and fptp but was stuck on the last point🥲🥲

only had 2 points, i put hung parliament which leads to coalition government so i hope that’s ok, then majority government as a result of a landslide victory
Reply 85
Original post by jiaaap!
what did anyone get for the first 9 marker on how govs are formed based on elections ?!!!! i put the 2010 coalition gov and fptp but was stuck on the last point🥲🥲

i mentioned the hung parliament during May's premiership and the confidence and supply agreement with the DUP
think can do majoirty gov eg 2019 or 1997. 2017 supply and demand . 2010 co-altion (Original post by jiaaap!)what did anyone get for the first 9 marker on how govs are formed based on elections ?!!!! i put the 2010 coalition gov and fptp but was stuck on the last point🥲🥲
Reply 87
Original post by jiaaap!

Simply talked about majority govts - Johnson and Blair

Minority govts - May

Coalition govts - Cameron
25 Mark on participation crisis - nice generic question. My points were
- Turnout
- Direct participation (party membership / donation decrease)
- Slightly controversial, but I did E-participation such as e-petitions and modern forms of participation

25 Mark extract - difficult to compare the two extracts as the BBC provided a facts-only and no political bias view.

9 marks nice and generic, 1st one caught me off guard a bit, kinda forgot the confidence and supply agreement

Overall a very nice paper.
Reply 89
Original post by WillBrushfield
- Turnout
- Slightly controversial, but I did E-participation such as e-petitions and modern forms of participation

25 Mark extract - difficult to compare the two extracts as the BBC provided a facts-only and no political bias view.

9 marks nice and generic, 1st one caught me off guard a bit, kinda forgot the confidence and supply agreement

Same for me but for extract I argued that the BBC is facts only however focusses more on the negative perspective especially at the beginning

was it right to use the idea of Boris Johnson skipping appearances to “focus on brexit” to link to policy making - that’s what I did arguing that the policy role and functions gets undermined by PMs who seek other methods of policy making and then countered that with smart motorways and how select committees have an impact on govt policy. Was it relevant?
Reply 90
guys did you need synoptic links for the extract question as i didn’t use any
I found the source question so difficult didn’t know what to write did anyone elese?
Reply 92
Original post by hgypoiurg

I just used pressure groups briefly on how select committees can call them to give evidence to help formulate policy or influence a budget smt like that but yeah it was kind of hard to think of synoptic links
Reply 93

the mark scheme for extract questions (both on paper 1 and two) doesn't mention being restricted to a certain level when you don't include synoptic links, so i wouldn't think so, i didn't use any either!

Yeah I used USA select committee for trumps border wall to show their scrutiny powers
Reply 95
Original post by jiaaap!

I did coalition, confidence and supply, and then 1997 landslide gvt due to winners bonus but wasnt sure if that one was right but didnt have anything else to put would i get marks for that
Reply 96
Original post by WillBrushfield
- Turnout

For the BBC one i said the facts will be correct and reliable but the opinions of the politicians in it will be based on conservative ideology
definitely a weaker point than the first extract tho
Reply 97
What did everyone put for the first 9 mark question
Original post by Armzn
AQA acc blessing us rn. Content everything was easy my only concern in my timing
25 mark extract - did intro prov two good paragraphs and conclusion - shouldn’t be a problem

25 mark essay - did intro two rushed paragraphs and conclusion - that is what I am worried about

wholeheartedly disagree - it was just a weird as hell paper
Reply 99
Original post by Joshua.m.a
What did everyone put for the first 9 mark question

i did majority, minority and coalition. Didnt have very stong AO3 tho

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending