The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Politics Paper 1 - 7152/1 23 May 2023 [Exam chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FutureOxReject
Guys, I'm really nervous - do you need to display a balanced argument? I did the question on participation crisis and all my points were just backing this, I only very briefly acknowledged the other side by saying "whilst turnout has improved since 2001, it is likely to worsen due to consensus politics" and talking about "plans for reform to solve the crisis, such as POWER in 2004 and the Coalition's experiment with constituency primaries have been largely ignored", but I'm not sure the second even counts and the first is tiny.

Am I really, really, really stuffed? I'm so worried - I usually get 20+ so I don't know how I've managed to screw this up. Really panicking, looking for reassurance or at least clarity on where I stand.

Yeh I'd say to get in level five you need to introduce a counter for every point you make (that's what we've been taught anyway), but if you've done a solid essay and just forgotten that I'd say you could still get up to 19/20
Original post by sammy31415
Yeh I'd say to get in level five you need to introduce a counter for every point you make (that's what we've been taught anyway), but if you've done a solid essay and just forgotten that I'd say you could still get up to 19/20

I'd take a high B, 16 or 17 would be nice. I usually get 23+ so this is quite annoying!
Reply 122
Original post by FutureOxReject
I'd take a high B, 16 or 17 would be nice. I usually get 23+ so this is quite annoying!

As long as the rest of the essays good don't worry, hopefully the rest of the questions and papers can make up for it
Anyone have predictions for paper 2?
And how is everyone revising for it... I'm going over the textbooks and making essay plans not sure if that's effective.
Sorry IK this was properly ages ago but does anyone remember the exact / similar wording of Question 5 (the cabinet question) ? I did the participation one so I barely looked at that one lool
Original post by saskia.jpg
Sorry IK this was properly ages ago but does anyone remember the exact / similar wording of Question 5 (the cabinet question) ? I did the participation one so I barely looked at that one lool

If I remember correctly it was something like “The cabinet plays a more important role than the pm in UK govt decision making”
Hope everyone’s exams went well. I’m currently in Y12 studying Politics AQA, does anyone have a list of potential exam questions I could make essay plans on? I’ve used all the past papers but was wondering if anyone has any more questions apart from that
Reply 127
Get the revision books for Uk, Us and ideology. It's from hodder education. That literally saved me because before these books I used to get a C but I'm thinking that I'm actually gonna end up with an A this year.( I did my exam this year)
Reply 128
Is it worth getting a remark for politics when you were 6 marks off an A
How did everyone do??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending