The Student Room Group

Career Pathways

If I am doing a Biomedical Science Bachelor's degree, is it possible to do a Master's in something like Biomedical Engineering or Prosthetics? I'm not really that passionate about my degree but I need to find a niche and something involving creating things has my interest.
Hey @hammadk123

It might be a bit of a jump but it would all depend on the university and their approach to the MSc course. Some may be more geared to the engineering side therefore might prefer a computer science or electronic engineering applicant. I think if you can demonstrate your experience with bioinformatics and more of the programming and in silico aspects of your BSc degree then you should still be considered if you score a 2:1 or above.

Check out a few different universities and their application requirements and see if their modules sound like something you'd like to do with the experience that you have.

What year are you in at the moment, have you chosen your final year research project yet? That would be the time to really focus on incorporating some bioengineering to showcase your abilities. It's all about those transferable skills! 😉

Best wishes
Essex Student Rep - Hayley

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending