The Student Room Group

University and parentd

So basically I completed my first year of uni at ARU in Cambridge and I live in Manchester, so obviously I had to move out, but I did things that uni students do like clubbing and weed, the manager of my accommodation told my parents about everything I did and they immediately brought me back and said they won't let me go back to Cambridge but I want to finish my course and I've promised them that I won't do any of that anymore? What do I do to convince them?
What exactly did you do that make you accomodation manager have to contact your parents? During my uni time I never heard of anyone who got their parents involved in their problems. You're an adult, and you signed the accomodation contract yourself, right? How did you do in your class?

You can't just make empty promise. Apologize, create a detail plan/ daily timetable and show you can stick to it, put in some effort to study, do chores, be sweet to your parents. I don't think your parents will forbid you from going to uni (as they seem to care a lot about you) they are just mad and want to see you changed.
Reply 2
Original post by Arctic Kitten
What exactly did you do that make you accomodation manager have to contact your parents? During my uni time I never heard of anyone who got their parents involved in their problems. You're an adult, and you signed the accomodation contract yourself, right? How did you do in your class?

You can't just make empty promise. Apologize, create a detail plan/ daily timetable and show you can stick to it, put in some effort to study, do chores, be sweet to your parents. I don't think your parents will forbid you from going to uni (as they seem to care a lot about you) they are just mad and want to see you changed.

I literally did nothing, there were other people doing the same things as me and even worse drugs but I don't know why he did that with me.
Thank you for your advice! I'll be sure to do those things, but the thing is they don't mind me carrying on with uni but they're telling me to go in Manchester, close to home but I already have my place in Cambridge.

Quick Reply

Latest