The Student Room Group

Help student finance?

Hi,
I changed my university and withdrew from my old university however I have received a text saying I will be getting student finance payment for my old university ? However I am not enrolled for there I am enrolled for my new university ? Will this be okay and will it just change the university name ?
Original post by TinyblueXx
Hi,
I changed my university and withdrew from my old university however I have received a text saying I will be getting student finance payment for my old university ? However I am not enrolled for there I am enrolled for my new university ? Will this be okay and will it just change the university name ?

Did you update your SFE account with you new course and uni details?
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
Did you update your SFE account with you new course and uni details?

Yes it’s all been updated ?
Hi,

Hi there, when did you update us and was it a CO1 form? If you've received your payment then the university had enrolled you previously. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, when did you update us and was it a CO1 form? If you've received your payment then the university had enrolled you previously. Thanks, Jason

Yes i done the form at the end of July . i have withdrew from the university as well ? I am enrolled for my new university and when i have spoken to student finance on the phone they have told me to expect a payment around the 16/10/23?
This is going to affect me isn’t it ? Because 2 universities are going to want tuition fees ?
I have not enrolled with my old university but i have for my new one ?
Yes i done the form at the end of July . i have withdrew from the university as well ? I am enrolled for my new university and when i have spoken to student finance on the phone they have told me to expect a payment around the 16/10/23?
This is going to affect me isn’t it ? Because 2 universities are going to want tuition fees ?
I have not enrolled with my old university but i have for my new one ?

It's likely the new university that have enrolled you and released your payments to us. We wouldn't pay the fees for both universities. Thanks, Jason
Reply 6
i thought that however it is down as my old university on my student finance ?

It's likely the new university that have enrolled you and released your payments to us. We wouldn't pay the fees for both universities. Thanks, Jason
i thought that however it is down as my old university on my student finance ?

Sorry, when you contacted us what were you advised regarding the changes you made to your university and course? Thanks, Jason
Reply 8
Yes they told me that the change has gone through and i should receive an update and payment around the 16th october ?
but on my online account it is still showing as my old university and awaiting payment for the old university ?

Sorry, when you contacted us what were you advised regarding the changes you made to your university and course? Thanks, Jason
Yes they told me that the change has gone through and i should receive an update and payment around the 16th october ?
but on my online account it is still showing as my old university and awaiting payment for the old university ?

This will update to the new university around the date we've given on the phone. If for any reason your payment did go to the old university they'd refund this back to us but if you've not enrolled and started your course with them they wouldn't send this over. Thanks, Jason
Reply 10
This will update to the new university around the date we've given on the phone. If for any reason your payment did go to the old university they'd refund this back to us but if you've not enrolled and started your course with them they wouldn't send this over. Thanks, Jason

That’s great ! thank you so much for your help !
That’s great ! thank you so much for your help !

You're welcome. Have a good evening. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending