The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

what was the trade union market failure question? was it about labour market failure?
Reply 21
Does anyone remember the 8 marker, because i remember it saying explain which I thought was a bit weird.
Reply 22
Original post by lalai—
Does anyone remember the 8 marker, because i remember it saying explain which I thought was a bit weird.

It was on export subsidies
Reply 23
Original post by uglymember
It was on export subsidies

Yeah but i believe it was an explain not an evaluate question right? I remember underlining it and thinking it was a bit weird cause other years don’t have explain 8 markers.
Reply 24
Original post by lalai—
Yeah but i believe it was an explain not an evaluate question right? I remember underlining it and thinking it was a bit weird cause other years don’t have explain 8 markers.

As long as you’ve used the same structure as a normal 8 markers it’s fine. Yea it was a bit weird but just don’t deep it too much
heyy. was wondering if anyone who finished their alevel economics las year had any advice on revising, exam technique or note taking?
Original post by million.
heyy. was wondering if anyone who finished their alevel economics las year had any advice on revising, exam technique or note taking?

Fully take advantage of the specification. Assuming you are doing OCR, they have one of the best/organised specification document. Use it as a list that u can tick through to cover all the topic. Practice the questions on the specification itself ( I think only OCR puts questions on the specification ensuring that u cover them?) Especially the big mark questions such as evaluate. Those r the ones mores likely to end up in the exam as well.

Make sure you are practicing your essay structures. Very important!! For example I was told that even if I don't have time to do one more analysis paragraph, make sure to fully wrap up the answer with a conclusion.

Make good use of Econplusdal. Lookout for predictions. Last year he didn't do prediction for OCR but keep an eye for this year. But even if he won't do a prediction for OCR this year, you can kind of guess what it could be when you see his predictions for all other exam boards.

Finally, practice all your diagrams. Make sure you are not just drawing them but also referring to the diagrams and specific parts of it in your analysis. If you can't think of a diagram for your big mark question, always try to link it with a ASAD model and draw it (for macroeconomics).

Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending